Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Yes- it’s very central and on a high ridge in the middle of a large field.
these are only guesses then since im not aware of how you network lays out etc. heres a couple causes that are possibilities.
1. channel interference.
2. if the cmaera with the low link level of 8 is linking others, it could have easily fell off and thus the others also fell off until it regained signal strength
3. when you made changes to your network the mesh had to rebuild and it took a day to do so. Keep in mind the report is a snap shot and not in real time, it shows a small snapshot for each cmaera.
4. your link antenna or radio in your home unit was compromised. (this typically doesnt fix itself and woudl not have come back if so)
5. the remotes with the high image que are an issue and those can cause issues as well. Its worth investigating why those are backed up. if they are linking other cameras it will slow your entire network down. if you can post an aerial of your cmaera location by number that may help us determine why those are backed up. For now you can clear the que or lengthen your camera delay on those to help it catch up.

Hi All,
What have you all found to be the best setting to get all your images delivered to you timely, and not caught up in the queue? I’ve tested several settings, but haven’t found the right one.

Currently, if a camera is set up on a “stopping point”, (like licking branch), it is set for 30 secs. If it is a “pass through” area (like a trail), I have it set for 5 secs.

We have 24 cameras on our network. Here is a couple screenshots showing how we have it set up.

Thoughts?

29adf4a87b58fe07d8a60eadc752d4e6.jpeg

507117a872dbd6c0253fd0fa3ebd609c.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,
What have you all found to be the best setting to get all your images delivered to you timely, and not caught up in the queue? I’ve tested several settings, but haven’t found the right one.

Currently, if a camera is set up on a “stopping point”, (like licking branch), it is set for 30 secs. If it is a “pass through” area (like a trail), I have it set for 5 secs.

We have 24 cameras on our network. Here is a couple screenshots showing how we have it set up.

Thoughts?

29adf4a87b58fe07d8a60eadc752d4e6.jpeg

507117a872dbd6c0253fd0fa3ebd609c.jpeg

the most common culprit of slow image transmission is Channel interference with another network or a bunch of cameras with multiple links in one network.
I always use 1 hour cell rate. This helps keep the que clear during the day so when peak times occur the home can keep up. Also , dont put your cell unit in a high traffic spot ...as it's main job should be receiving and sending images. In the near future, all home units will not have a camera for this reason.
In your case, the next time you visit your cameras change you channel to something more random - using 01 thru 05 as either number in a channel choice can cause interference because if another user is even within a mile of yours and uses the same channel it will slow both networks down. For some reason EVERYONE wants to use 01, 02 , 03 , 04 or 05 in their channel choice. Use something like 12-26 and you are less likely to have this issue, with 100's of thousands of users out there its inevitable., you have someone using Cuddelink near you. I try to also keep the numbers separated by 8 digits so dont use 19-19 - use 19-31 as an example.

the most common culprit of slow image transmission is Channel interference with another network or a bunch of cameras with multiple links in one network.
I always use 1 hour cell rate. This helps keep the que clear during the day so when peak times occur the home can keep up. Also , dont put your cell unit in a high traffic spot ...as it's main job should be receiving and sending images. In the near future, all home units will not have a camera for this reason.
In your case, the next time you visit your cameras change you channel to something more random - using 01 thru 05 as either number in a channel choice can cause interference because if another user is even within a mile of yours and uses the same channel it will slow both networks down. For some reason EVERYONE wants to use 01, 02 , 03 , 04 or 05 in their channel choice. Use something like 12-26 and you are less likely to have this issue, with 100's of thousands of users out there its inevitable., you have someone using Cuddelink near you. I try to also keep the numbers separated by 8 digits so dont use 19-19 - use 19-31 as an example.

Thanks, John.
Re: home camera in low traffic area. Done. We have it in the middle of the timber in on our highest ridge. Very little deer traffic there.

Re: Channel name. Thanks. I actually changed the channel this year from 07-07 to 05-14 thinking that would be more random. I don’t think I’ll make the rounds to change everything until later in the season at this point in time.

Re: schedule — I have had it set at 1hr and will set it back to that. But it seems like the most the camera can send every hour is two texts of 16images maximum. So the queue still builds up. Is that typical?

Thanks!

Thanks, John.
Re: home camera in low traffic area. Done. We have it in the middle of the timber in on our highest ridge. Very little deer traffic there.

Re: Channel name. Thanks. I actually changed the channel this year from 07-07 to 05-14 thinking that would be more random. I don’t think I’ll make the rounds to change everything until later in the season at this point in time.

Re: schedule — I have had it set at 1hr and will set it back to that. But it seems like the most the camera can send every hour is two texts of 16images maximum. So the queue still builds up. Is that typical?

Thanks!

the max the que can hold is 30 images- typically you will get close ot that when the que is backed up, if you arent its likely you do have channel interference going on and when you change it you will see a good increase in speed right away.

question about report being emailed vs. what's showing online when i log in. The email version shows all of my cameras active vs, the online report showing i have 3 cameras offline.

This has been going on for about two weeks. I thought it would get back in sync but never has.

thoughts?

question about report being emailed vs. what's showing online when i log in. The email version shows all of my cameras active vs, the online report showing i have 3 cameras offline.

This has been going on for about two weeks. I thought it would get back in sync but never has.

thoughts?
they will never be exactly in sync , they are both snap shots (not in real time) and the online report is the most current - if your online report is showing 3 off line for that long something is wrong , you can pm me your log in info and ill take a look and see what is happening .

Thanks, John.

Thanks!

not its not typical to send only that many images, you either have channel interference or something else is slowing down your network, if you have surveillcace turned on thurn that off since that can also slow it down.

setting up a new G-5109, which will anchor my second network. The IMEI and ICCID numbers enter fine, but after I add the email and text addresses, I get this message
"Unable to add device: A device with a matching ICCID or MEID / IMEI already exists in the system." I assume that means the guy who sold me this NEW camera tried to use it. How can I get that re-set?
Also, I can't find the right path on the website to see all my (8) devices. While I was adding this last one, I could see the whole list, but after I'm done can't find the list anywheres. MY DEVICES only shows the one active home. Click on that home and it only shows the one active remote. (only have 2 cams out now). How can I get to that screen with all my devices listed?

Do I need to create a second CAMP account for the new network, or can I have multiple networks on one CAMP account?

so many questions. Thanks for any help.

setting up a new G-5109, which will anchor my second network. The IMEI and ICCID numbers enter fine, but after I add the email and text addresses, I get this message
"Unable to add device: A device with a matching ICCID or MEID / IMEI already exists in the system." I assume that means the guy who sold me this NEW camera tried to use it. How can I get that re-set?
Also, I can't find the right path on the website to see all my (8) devices. While I was adding this last one, I could see the whole list, but after I'm done can't find the list anywheres. MY DEVICES only shows the one active home. Click on that home and it only shows the one active remote. (only have 2 cams out now). How can I get to that screen with all my devices listed?

Do I need to create a second CAMP account for the new network, or can I have multiple networks on one CAMP account?

so many questions. Thanks for any help.
you will need to call cuddeback so they can remove that device from the previous owners account.
to see all your devices- go to -view devices, device details, then settings and all connected cameras will show up in settings if they are armed and connected.
no you dont create second camp account, jsut add device but you need to have the previous owner deactivate and remove the device from his account or have cuddeback CS do it .

these are only guesses then since im not aware of how you network lays out etc. heres a couple causes that are possibilities.
1. channel interference.
2. if the cmaera with the low link level of 8 is linking others, it could have easily fell off and thus the others also fell off until it regained signal strength
3. when you made changes to your network the mesh had to rebuild and it took a day to do so. Keep in mind the report is a snap shot and not in real time, it shows a small snapshot for each cmaera.
4. your link antenna or radio in your home unit was compromised. (this typically doesnt fix itself and woudl not have come back if so)
5. the remotes with the high image que are an issue and those can cause issues as well. Its worth investigating why those are backed up. if they are linking other cameras it will slow your entire network down. if you can post an aerial of your cmaera location by number that may help us determine why those are backed up. For now you can clear the que or lengthen your camera delay on those to help it catch up.
John- thanks for your help. The link antenna was completely missing when I got to the camera. Not sure what happened to it. The system was working pretty well most of the summer. We did move the home when it started acting up earlier, so maybe it laying in the first location yet.

John- thanks for your help. The link antenna was completely missing when I got to the camera. Not sure what happened to it. The system was working pretty well most of the summer. We did move the home when it started acting up earlier, so maybe it laying in the first location yet.
thanks for the update, hopefully a new antenna gets everything back up to speed for you.

Reactions: J B
you will need to call cuddeback so they can remove that device from the previous owners account.
to see all your devices- go to -view devices, device details, then settings and all connected cameras will show up in settings if they are armed and connected.
no you dont create second camp account, jsut add device but you need to have the previous owner deactivate and remove the device from his account or have cuddeback CS do it .
I called Cudde to learn the camera had been registered to the guy who sold it to me as "new". She said it would be reset within 24 hrs. Very helpful. Tried set up again 4 days later and got the same error message, so I'll call in again Monday. Meanwhile, on the same day I called Cudde, my old functioning camera went dark. After averaging 15 pics/day for months, nothing since the 23rd. It's on solar, and battery reports were always good. I go to devices/details and there's the old home cam labeled ACTIVATED, but there's no selection for SETTINGS. there's an EDIT, but that's just the camera connection info and mailing list. I don't see all the controls and stuff that we can usually do online, and the second (old remote) camera doesn't show up. Somehow they got disconnected. Dunno if it's something I did, or maybe cs pushed some button when trying to reset the second home?

Last edited:
I called Cudde to learn the camera had been registered to the guy who sold it to me as "new". She said it would be reset within 24 hrs. Very helpful. Tried set up again 4 days later and got the same error message, so I'll call in again Monday. Meanwhile, on the same day I called Cudde, my old functioning camera went dark. After averaging 15 pics/day for months, nothing since the 23rd. It's on solar, and battery reports were always good. I go to devices/details and there's the old home cam labeled ACTIVATED, but there's no selection for SETTINGS. there's an EDIT, but that's just the camera connection info and mailing list. I don't see all the controls and stuff that we can usually do online, and the second (old remote) camera doesn't show up. Somehow they got disconnected. Dunno if it's something I did, or maybe cs pushed some button when trying to reset the second home?
Called Cudde again, and got the second home base fixed and finished the set up with the nice lady online.
On the first, now dark, network, she advised I need to access the camera in person to run a cell test. 2-1/2 hrs away, but I've been itching to get over there anyway.
so, we're making good progress.

Anybody got suggestion on how to stop a G camera from taking images of nothing. I was able to slow it up by changing the setting to 60 min, but its still triggering.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Sorry, can't help with the triggering, but, can you go into the cuddeback app, and pause/suspend the camera?

Thanks for the reply

Anybody got suggestion on how to stop a G camera from taking images of nothing. I was able to slow it up by changing the setting to 60 min, but its still triggering.

turn your cmaera delay to off under advanced, or i would change the delay or unplug the external power, if you send it in they can change the capacitor and likely fix the problem.

I have a few cameras that keep sending pictures at a certain time everyday. 10 minutes apart for like 30 minutes to an hour. The surveillance and time-lapse appear to be off. Any tips from anyone would be appreciated.

I have a few cameras that keep sending pictures at a certain time everyday. 10 minutes apart for like 30 minutes to an hour. The surveillance and time-lapse appear to be off. Any tips from anyone would be appreciated.
what model ?post a couple examples, make sure primetime isnt on- then change the delay remotely for a few days and change it back to what you prefer it at. They trigger off heat and motion, certain times of the year shadows and sun can trigger the sensor.