Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I read that, and have been referencing the metadata in the comments of the photo file properties for the cameras, but the cell home does not seem to have anyway to access it. I thought maybe doing the test photo would do it, but it does not have the same metadata.
No big deal, i am just going to set cell home to the most power hungry settings as a sort of stress test. I want to be sure the system is solid going in to winter.
I take it you, as do I, use G-0 (or new L Home) . Yeah, without a camera, that info not available.

I have a question about "motion sense" under the advanced camera settings. When I set it to any level using the app or the camp it will showing pending for sometime, but once it goes current I check the settings and motion sense is back to "optimal."

Why does it not seem to me that the motion sense settings are sticking and it defaults back to optimal?

I have a question about "motion sense" under the advanced camera settings. When I set it to any level using the app or the camp it will showing pending for sometime, but once it goes current I check the settings and motion sense is back to "optimal."

Why does it not seem to me that the motion sense settings are sticking and it defaults back to optimal?
they are working on adding it to camp but its not in there completely yet , you should be able to change it on the app or the camera. it should be fully functional on both Camp and the app soon.

they are working on adding it to camp but its not in there completely yet , you should be able to change it on the app or the camera. it should be fully functional on both Camp and the app soon.
I misspoke when I said camp. When I do it in the app, it shows the pending change, but once it updates it still shows "optimal" under "motiion sense" instead of the level I selected. It may be changing, but I dont see it reflected in the photos either.

I misspoke when I said camp. When I do it in the app, it shows the pending change, but once it updates it still shows "optimal" under "motiion sense" instead of the level I selected. It may be changing, but I dont see it reflected in the photos either.
ill know more monday but it may be turned off while they are working to add that command to camp, there are several more remote command features in the works and they sometimes have to disable some while working on others.

ill know more monday but it may be turned off while they are working to add that command to camp, there are several more remote command features in the works and they sometimes have to disable some while working on others.
Hey, if they can make it make coffee, that would be great.
I will look forward to the update.

what cell network does WalMart use?
I want to share photos with the generous personage who allows me to hunt his farm. He has a cellphone, and he shares photographs by text, so I know it would work. But when I add his number to my CuddeCamp mailing list, they ask for who-fer the cell carrier is. My host has no idea which network his phone is on. Just says he got it at Wal-Mart. I've tried a couple of the biggies, and ones mentioned elsewhere, without success. Does anybody know what cell carrier(s) WalMart uses?
thanks!
Cuddeback offers 22 choices of cellphone carriers. I went down the list trying the set-up with each one for a day. After awhile he called me says he's getting pics. The one that's working shows as xxx-xxx-xxxx@mypixmessages.com. So, I don't know which network that is. So, went through the list again trying each one, and it's XFinity that uses that messaging thingie. Like, you select XFinity, but then the list of text addresses shows the mypix thing. So his Walmart phone is on XFinity.
He is really enjoying the pics. Right now it's only one camera on my only game patch. Deer and turkey every single day, and this week our first ever bear sighting. Life is good. As soon as I can get over there again I'll be adding 3 remotes and a couple solar panels.

I have an older K that wasn't being used for two years. Put new batteries into it and activated the cell data plan. I am getting an Error 03 message, which I understand to be related to power management. I tried three sets of brand new batteries, as well as a fully charged solar charger and still am getting the Error 03 message. I have cleared the internal battery between each step.

Any other recommendations before contacting support for servicing, @john volkman et al?

I have an older K that wasn't being used for two years. Put new batteries into it and activated the cell data plan. I am getting an Error 03 message, which I understand to be related to power management. I tried three sets of brand new batteries, as well as a fully charged solar charger and still am getting the Error 03 message. I have cleared the internal battery between each step.

Any other recommendations before contacting support for servicing, @john volkman et al?
if you let the screen completely die , didnt use energizer batteries, and it still gave you that error multiple times it may not be fixable,Thats is a power error and the board might be done. they can move your plan to another cell unit but they wont be able to do that until tuesday.

if you let the screen completely die , didnt use energizer batteries, and it still gave you that error multiple times it may not be fixable,Thats is a power error and the board might be done. they can move your plan to another cell unit but they wont be able to do that until tuesday.
Yes, Rayovacs. I think I'll have to have it serviced. Thanks John!

John,

Is 8.3 the latest firmware?
I purchased a L series and the firmware Version is 01 02 00. Is this version current enough to link with my other cameras?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

John,

Is 8.3 the latest firmware?
I purchased a L series and the firmware Version is 01 02 00. Is this version current enough to link with my other cameras?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
L series uses a different firmware but will link with 8.3 right out of the box. There is a update for the L on the website , it improves daytime color images but not a requirement to use with your cams on 8.3.

? control when time lapse pic is taken ? G-5109 with DAY TIME LAPSE set to 24 hr. How can I set when that photo is taken?

"BATTERY LEVEL: EXTERNAL LOW" I"ve been running my G 5109 for a year and the 5064 has been deployed occasionally. Last weekend I set up both with new PW-3600 panels. The report on the remote 5064 says "external low". Does that mean the rechargeable battery on the solar panel is low? and I can expect it to come up after a few sunny days? and, if this indicator is for the power panel, is there any way to see the condition of the 4 Ds in the camera?

"BATTERY LEVEL: EXTERNAL LOW" I"ve been running my G 5109 for a year and the 5064 has been deployed occasionally. Last weekend I set up both with new PW-3600 panels. The report on the remote 5064 says "external low". Does that mean the rechargeable battery on the solar panel is low? and I can expect it to come up after a few sunny days? and, if this indicator is for the power panel, is there any way to see the condition of the 4 Ds in the camera?
Curious to see Johns answer. I have several cameras that have been showing the PW-3600 "external low", but they continue to work.

Did you let them fully charge before installing them?
I have a couple running off of homebrew solar batteries, which are not working well and they go dead with just one cloudy day. I have yet to get a report saying they are low; they go from ok to dead and then back to ok once the sun hits it. Not a single issue with my PW3600s, even the ones that are often shaded.

Curious to see Johns answer. I have several cameras that have been showing the PW-3600 "external low", but they continue to work.
I have some that show this after a few cloudy days and a bunch of photos taken. Otherwise, I think they recharge and go back to "OK"

? control when time lapse pic is taken ? G-5109 with DAY TIME LAPSE set to 24 hr. How can I set when that photo is taken?
not an exact time - but if you set it on the camera it will be based closely on the time you set it - if you set it online it can likely be within a couple hours or less.

correct. the internal solar battery is low, it should charge and switch to ext ok once it gets some sun. Its a good idea to set it out a day or two before deploying . There isnt a way to check your internal remotely.

Did you let them fully charge before installing them?
I have a couple running off of homebrew solar batteries, which are not working well and they go dead with just one cloudy day. I have yet to get a report saying they are low; they go from ok to dead and then back to ok once the sun hits it. Not a single issue with my PW3600s, even the ones that are often shaded.
I didn't charge them ahead of time. I didn't open the box till I was way hey out in the woods, then I saw the instructions it might need charging if it's been stored awhile. But it will be months before I make another trip, so I put it up in hopes that it would catch up. We're getting those first brilliant clear fall days this week. I hope that's enough.