Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I need a new cell cam. What should I get?

Just got notice my L cams are on the way, ordered and payed for last Sep.4th
did a dealer take your money that long ago? they should not have

I need a new cell cam. What should I get?
@jvolkman wondering the same thing, and, are there going to be new repeaters/stand alone home units avail, too?

@jvolkman wondering the same thing, and, are there going to be new repeaters/stand alone home units avail, too?
the G-5109 cell home camera @$199.99 is still available and will be most of this year until they sell out. There is a new L series home cell unit coming that doesnt include a camera in the unit. That unit will eventually be the only option for the home cell in a cuddelink network, retail on that unit is going to be $129.99. We will likely have those early may.
Since demand was so low on repeater only units it was disconintued. The L series remote cam can be set as repeater and with a lower retail cost than the J or G it fills the very small need for repeater only. The reality is most people just run a camera where a repeater is needed, so the sales numbers were very low. IF anyone is looking for a G repeater only unit i may be able to find one at a dealer i have just PM me.

I need a regular cell camera. Is the new L available, yet? Dont really want to buy a cell cam to run my system that is soon to be discontinued.

the G-5109 cell home camera @$199.99 is still available and will be most of this year until they sell out. There is a new L series home cell unit coming that doesnt include a camera in the unit. That unit will eventually be the only option for the home cell in a cuddelink network, retail on that unit is going to be $129.99. We will likely have those early may.
Since demand was so low on repeater only units it was disconintued. The L series remote cam can be set as repeater and with a lower retail cost than the J or G it fills the very small need for repeater only. The reality is most people just run a camera where a repeater is needed, so the sales numbers were very low. IF anyone is looking for a G repeater only unit i may be able to find one at a dealer i have just PM me.
Will the new home cell support 24 remotes or 23 as the existing cell camera does now.

@jvolkman I have a few of the new Tracks cameras and love the quality of the pictures! I also have a couple of standalone cell, non-Cuddelink G cameras and I noticed the plan price was reduced closer to that of Tracks, but what about the picture quality? I haven’t run these since the plan change and was wondering if the G cameras going to send the same quality pictures as my Cuddelink system cameras, or will it be like the new tracks? Also, will I be able to get high resolution images on the stand alone G cameras?

the G-5109 cell home camera @$199.99 is still available and will be most of this year until they sell out. There is a new L series home cell unit coming that doesnt include a camera in the unit. That unit will eventually be the only option for the home cell in a cuddelink network, retail on that unit is going to be $129.99.
Since demand was so low on repeater only units it was disconintued. The L series remote cam can be set as repeater and with a lower retail cost than the J or G it fills the very small need for repeater only. The reality is most people just run a camera where a repeater is needed, so the sales numbers were very low.
Will the new home cell support 24 remotes or 23 as the existing cell camera does now.
24 total units in a network and that includes either Home cell unit

@jvolkman I have a few of the new Tracks cameras and love the quality of the pictures! I also have a couple of standalone cell, non-Cuddelink G cameras and I noticed the plan price was reduced closer to that of Tracks, but what about the picture quality? I haven’t run these since the plan change and was wondering if the G cameras going to send the same quality pictures as my Cuddelink system cameras, or will it be like the new tracks? Also, will I be able to get high resolution images on the stand alone G cameras?
Little confused on your question but the Tracks and the New L series both utilize the same camera - the megapixel is actually lower but the image quality is better because of a higher quality Processor. IR L series will need a firmware update for better photo quality but that will be av ialble soon.
The G is not the same camera and Pic quality wont change on the G series, it is what it is. You can set the G for hi res images but your data will get used up fast.

I need a regular cell camera. Is the new L available, yet? Dont really want to buy a cell cam to run my system that is soon to be discontinued.
New L Series Black flash Tracks stand alone is available, the IR tracks version is coming, likely be here by May those do not work with a cuddelink network. . If you want a cell to run your network you need either the G 5109 or the new L series home only unit that will arrive next month. Both do the same thing but the G series will allow you another camera in you network since it has one built in.

Little confused on your question but the Tracks and the New L series both utilize the same camera - the megapixel is actually lower but the image quality is better because of a higher quality Processor. IR L series will need a firmware update for better photo quality but that will be av ialble soon.
The G is not the same camera and Pic quality wont change on the G series, it is what it is. You can set the G for hi res images but your data will get used up fast.
I was trying to compare the Cuddeback G cameras to the tracks cameras, non-Cuddelink versions in both cases.

New L Series Black flash Tracks stand alone is available, the IR tracks version is coming, likely be here by May those do not work with a cuddelink network. . If you want a cell to run your network you need either the G 5109 or the new L series home only unit that will arrive next month. Both do the same thing but the G series will allow you another camera in you network since it has one built in.
I think what you are saying is get rid of the old non-cuddelink G cellular cameras and get tracks cameras.

I was trying to compare the Cuddeback G cameras to the tracks cameras, non-Cuddelink versions in both cases.
Tracks camera - beats the G in Housing design , more sensitivity options and Night time image quality when zooming in. G series would have more illumination than The tracks (if needed )and better hi res daytime images

did a dealer take your money that long ago? they should not have
Had to go back into my credit card history to make sure I was correct and I was wrong , it was Sep. 5

one additional note , if you purchased an L series Cameras, DO NOT Load 8.3 firmware on the L , the new series runs on a different firmware version. The L will communicate with J, G and K cameras that are on 8.3 firmware but the L series has its own firmware version.

So the L series home only unit will not include the camera? So would also need to add another remote unit to keep my cuddelink system intact because I have been using my cell unit as a camera also.

I use a repeater in one spot because I can put it up as high as I can reach and the link is much stronger

So the L series home only unit will not include the camera? So would also need to add another remote unit to keep my cuddelink system intact because I have been using my cell unit as a camera also.

I use a repeater in one spot because I can put it up as high as I can reach and the link is much stronger
Correct- the new Cuddelink home unit does not have a camera and it retails for much less. For those that want a Cuddelink home with a camera there is plenty of the Current model G 5109 that has a camera in stock, they likely wont sell out until way late in the year.

Does anyone have any of the new L series Cuddelink cameras out in the field? Are the sent images better resolution than the J and G cuddelink cameras? I know the L series have different firmware then the older cameras. I have been super impressed with the Tracks cameras low resolution pictures quality!

Does anyone have any of the new L series Cuddelink cameras out in the field? Are the sent images better resolution than the J and G cuddelink cameras? I know the L series have different firmware then the older cameras. I have been super impressed with the Tracks cameras low resolution pictures quality!
Tracks Cameras are L series, the images will be the same on Tracks and Cuddelinks as they use the same camera and components . Only difference is that all of the Tracks that have shipped so far have been Black flash and all the Cuddelink L series shipped so far have been IR. I posted some images on the threads here as well. There will be an update coming for the L that will tweak daytime images a bit. Night images wont change.

Tracks Cameras are L series, the images will be the same on Tracks and Cuddelinks as they use the same camera and components . Only difference is that all of the Tracks that have shipped so far have been Black flash and all the Cuddelink L series shipped so far have been IR. I posted some images on the threads here as well. There will be an update coming for the L that will tweak daytime images a bit. Night images wont change.
I recognize that the actual images on the camera’s memory cards will be the same, but I wasn’t sure that the low resolution images that the tracks camera sends to my email (which are awesome quality) would be the same as the L Cuddelink cameras send to my email. This is great news! The G and J Cuddelink images are pretty good, but they aren’t the definition of the tracks Camera. I have a bunch of L cameras, I just haven’t gotten any out in the field yet.