Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

you cannot change channel remotely, that would end the connection , you have to do it on the camera - also change your channel to uncommon numbers, like 05-15 , keep the numbers apart and dont use common numbers like 1, 2, 5 etc you will have linking issues using 05-05 or similar to what you have at some point. all cameras need to be on the same channel.
Yep. Thanks. After writing the above....and giving it more thought......I figured such was the case.....and made a trip to set-up my home camera. I have always used 05-05 and all my remote cameras are / were still set to that setting.......so I set the Home camera to that setting again. Seems like all is a go......and the pics are now rolling in again. Evidently I had my brain out of gear when I hit "reset" on the home camera. Duh! That evidently made it revert back to 01-01. My Bad.

I have not experienced any problems with that setting in the past year.......so maybe I am just lucking out. I will consider that change in the future tho....maybe doing so for next season. Glad to get this back on stream.....and picked up a pic of a good tuner just now. Thanks for all you do John!

Attachments

• East Buck 8:5.jpeg
    East Buck 8:5.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 16
What will be the differences between the new L series and the new replacement G series cameras?

Yep. Thanks. After writing the above....and giving it more thought......I figured such was the case.....and made a trip to set-up my home camera. I have always used 05-05 and all my remote cameras are / were still set to that setting.......so I set the Home camera to that setting again. Seems like all is a go......and the pics are now rolling in again. Evidently I had my brain out of gear when I hit "reset" on the home camera. Duh! That evidently made it revert back to 01-01. My Bad.

I have not experienced any problems with that setting in the past year.......so maybe I am just lucking out. I will consider that change in the future tho....maybe doing so for next season. Glad to get this back on stream.....and picked up a pic of a good tuner just now. Thanks for all you do John!
its definitely not a must do, I would just suggest it next time you plan a visit all of your cameras to prevent any type of interference. The channel number is always on your report online, on the app and also on each camera so its easy to remember random numbers.

they will both be L series the difference between the Current G and two of the L series that replace it is basically just the flash module , eventually there will be a white flash version and another version that can either be powerhouse black or IR in the same module , the first L to ship is just IR only.
What will be the differences between the new L series and the new replacement G series cameras?

What are the best D batteries for Cuddeback cameras? I have been using Rayovac High Energy D batteries and they have worked well. I went to order some more bulk batteries today, and I also see that Rayovac has an Ultra Pro and Fusion line of batteries. How do these compare for run time in Cuddeback cameras? Is there a better battery out there than the Rayovac High Energy?

What are the best D batteries for Cuddeback cameras? I have been using Rayovac High Energy D batteries and they have worked well. I went to order some more bulk batteries today, and I also see that Rayovac has an Ultra Pro and Fusion line of batteries. How do these compare for run time in Cuddeback cameras? Is there a better battery out there than the Rayovac High Energy?
id stick with high energy, in all of our testing it would equal or exceed all other batteries in life.

yes but only if the battery port is operational and that is part of the battery compartment.
It needs a new compartment, as it will not turn on. I will get a D conversion so it works better with the solar setup, as I am not a fan of rechargeable batteries.

If you have a battery+ nearby, you can get some really good pricing from them If you set up an account. You don’t have to do a credit account, just have them open an account that you can pay with a credit card. I’ve had good results with a 96 count case of Rayovac ultra pro alkaline.

If you have a battery+ nearby, you can get some really good pricing from them If you set up an account. You don’t have to do a credit account, just have them open an account that you can pay with a credit card. I’ve had good results with a 96 count case of Rayovac ultra pro alkaline.
Thanks for the tip! I have ordered a couple 96 count cases of Rayovac high energy batteries online, but shipping is usually pretty steep. I will check in with my local Battery+.

they will both be L series the difference between the Current G and two of the L series that replace it is basically just the flash module , eventually there will be a white flash version and another version that can either be powerhouse black or IR in the same module , the first L to ship is just IR only.
John, is there a replacement for 1385s? Repeaters are getting scarce as hen's teeth.
Jon

John, is there a replacement for 1385s? Repeaters are getting scarce as hen's teeth.
Jon
there isnt , sales were so low on that item it wasnt worth continuing it , there may be a solution in the future but it wont be that type of price or item. Ill keep my eye out for one if you are needing one.

It needs a new compartment, as it will not turn on. I will get a D conversion so it works better with the solar setup, as I am not a fan of rechargeable batteries.
I swapped out the bad AA battery compartment with the new D compartment. I will also be running rechargeable on the remaining AA J-Camera w/3600 solar panel to see how that works over the winter. For now, all five cameras are operating as designed, and I am getting some good pictures--just not of great bucks :-)

I swapped out the bad AA battery compartment with the new D compartment. I will also be running rechargeable on the remaining AA J-Camera w/3600 solar panel to see how that works over the winter. For now, all five cameras are operating as designed, and I am getting some good pictures--just not of great bucks :-)
My oldest batch of cams have 12AA backs and 3501 panels. Recently got some 3600 panels and have a couple 6D backs. If you use 3600 for something with rechargeables your wasting the panel's internal battery. So plan is to remove internal battery and double up in 3600 panel connected to 4D backed cam. Sounds efficient to me.

What does it mean when it says check SD. I’m trying to update firmware on a G cell camera. It’s a new SD card

What does it mean when it says check SD. I’m trying to update firmware on a G cell camera. It’s a new SD card
It means that there's an error with the SD card. I would try to format the SD card even if it is new. With this second generation of firmware, I have had all kinds of issues with SD cards that worked for the first generation for 2 years with no issues. As soon as I switched to 8.1 and 8.2 I've been having issues with SD cards somewhat randomly. They would work for one month or one year but so far I've had issues with almost every camera on multiple SD cards of both J's and g's. I'm actually considering rolling back the firmware to 7.8 or 7.9 in order to avoid this. I spoke with someone at the Cuddeback booth at the Iowa deer classic and he acknowledged that it was a known issue in the second generation firmware.

If anyone has any solutions, I'm all ears. I have been putting in new SD cards of different brands and have been newly formatting each one every time. The formatting has been taking place on Windows or at the camera. I can't seem to find any reason why this is happening. It's incredibly frustrating though. I run two cuddelink systems with a total of 16 cameras.

try unzipping the firmware file and copy it to the sd card , some of the cameras dont like the file zipped, make sure the card is empty before you unzip and copy. also delete the other file off yoru computer ir it may rename it.

It means that there's an error with the SD card. I would try to format the SD card even if it is new. With this second generation of firmware, I have had all kinds of issues with SD cards that worked for the first generation for 2 years with no issues. As soon as I switched to 8.1 and 8.2 I've been having issues with SD cards somewhat randomly. They would work for one month or one year but so far I've had issues with almost every camera on multiple SD cards of both J's and g's. I'm actually considering rolling back the firmware to 7.8 or 7.9 in order to avoid this. I spoke with someone at the Cuddeback booth at the Iowa deer classic and he acknowledged that it was a known issue in the second generation firmware.

If anyone has any solutions, I'm all ears. I have been putting in new SD cards of different brands and have been newly formatting each one every time. The formatting has been taking place on Windows or at the camera. I can't seem to find any reason why this is happening. It's incredibly frustrating though. I run two cuddelink systems with a total of 16 cameras.
what you are describing is different than the "check sd "when loading firmware.
For your situation, If you put the card in the camera ,go to commands clear and (also clear the internal memory before installing the cards) you should have success. Important to leave the card in the camera and use the online function to clear it and not use a computer or viewing device. Im surprised Dan would tell you that its known in version 2 as that is not what i know and i work with him and the engineers closely. I run 70 of them and have minimal issues with card errors in cameras, i put them in and leave them there. You should be on 8.3 now, I don't believe reverting to 7.9 is going to help you and you will lose online control on top of it.

I haven't gone back and read everything but are they not making remote cams anymore?