Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Agreed. However, I am pretty happy with the system now that it is set up. I used Moultrie Mobile for years and it worked OK, but was costly. For a home system, I am very happy with this on our 85 acres. For my remote properties I am using the SpyPoint solar/cellular, as it has no additional costs and works fine for the limited number of pictures I need from those cameras.

The best part of the Cuddeback system is John's feedback (the OP for this thread). He has been a huge help for many on this forum.

Remote access is currently unavailable at this time. Once the Cell device connects, remote access will be available again. If devices do not come back online after 48 hours, we suggest going to the cell device to verify it’s powered on and has sufficient cell service

This is what popped up on the portal now.

I have a Cuddelink G home without a camera and a Cuddelink G Cellular home without camera. I also have a Cuddeback G camera without cellular or cuddelink. My question is whether or not I can take the cap off of either home and use it on my G camera without either feature?

I have a Cuddelink G home without a camera and a Cuddelink G Cellular home without camera. I also have a Cuddeback G camera without cellular or cuddelink. My question is whether or not I can take the cap off of either home and use it on my G camera without either feature?
Yes. There's a video on cuddeback.com for installing caps. Make sure completely powered down and batteries removed. When you power up to welcome screen it should recognize new configuration and set menu options appropriately. If not, reinstall firmware.
Only problem is you have a no-cam that does nothing. I've got two cell caps, I purchased two Link caps to make repeaters out of no-cam cell homes.

Yes. There's a video on cuddeback.com for installing caps. Make sure completely powered down and batteries removed. When you power up to welcome screen it should recognize new configuration and set menu options appropriately. If not, reinstall firmware.
Only problem is you have a no-cam that does nothing. I've got two cell caps, I purchased two Link caps to make repeaters out of no-cam cell homes.
Thanks Jon! I can’t seem to find any caps, otherwise I would just buy one for my non-Cuddelink camera. Are the Cuddelink caps discontinued?

Thanks Jon! I can’t seem to find any caps, otherwise I would just buy one for my non-Cuddelink camera. Are the Cuddelink caps discontinued?
Not sure, I think so. There's a Facebook, Cuddeback: buy, sell, trade. You would think someone would have bad G cam with working cap, or extra, near you. I like having an extra G-0 (no cam) at the house. I test remote cams in yard before deploying to lease. I use G-0 25ft high for home/cell. Gets better links from remotes, some over 400yds away.

yes you can the caps are interchangeable but a cell (Cap)unit needs to be the home and cant be a remote

caps are discontinued as are the clink G series, cuddeback is out of them completely

caps are discontinued as are the clink G series, cuddeback is out of them completely
I really like my Cuddelink G series cameras, I am surprised they are discontinued. Are the J Cuddelink cameras continuing or are they all being replaced by something else as well? When can we expect any new series of Cuddelink cameras?

I really like my Cuddelink G series cameras, I am surprised they are discontinued. Are the J Cuddelink cameras continuing or are they all being replaced by something else as well? When can we expect any new series of Cuddelink cameras?
The j is also discontinued , the new series that replaces the J is the "L "and will be avialable in very limited qtys later this fall , there is a replacement for the G as well but i wont be available until 2023

The j is also discontinued , the new series that replaces the J is the "L "and will be avialable in very limited qtys later this fall , there is a replacement for the G as well but i wont be available until 2023
Any chance we could see a picture of the L?

I'm sure this has been covered before, but what is the best process to try with a runaway camera that keeps taking pictures? I can't see anything in view that should be triggering it and it's taking a couple hundred images a day.

I just bought another G. I can't wait another year..especially for a white flash.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but what is the best process to try with a runaway camera that keeps taking pictures? I can't see anything in view that should be triggering it and it's taking a couple hundred images a day.
First thing I did was change it to 1 pic per hour, then tried new SD card, new batteries, then returned to cudde for repair.

battery compartment may have been damaged from the panel trying to charge the alkalines, i would test the panel on another camera without batteries in it to insure its operating and the battery in it isnt damaged. Then i woudl take the back off another camera and try it on the one that wont power up, if its the battery compartment, you can get a replacement 4d model for minimal money and be rolling again.if it wont power up with another battery compartment and if your camera has only 60 run days you may also send in and see if they will warranty it.
Could he go the no batteries in the camera?

Any chance we could see a picture of the L?
Could he go the no batteries in the camera?
yes but only if the battery port is operational and that is part of the battery compartment.

Attachments

• 2022 Link Cameras.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
John do know the pricing on the new L series? They look great.

I had a problem with my Base Camera transmitting pics to my computer. Went to my home base cam and did a cell-test and evidently changed the channel numbers back to the 01-01 setting (instead of the original and intended 05-05). I believe I did this by a "reset" move I made. Now, I am not getting any pics from the other six cameras.

Anyway.....it's not clear to me if I can make this channel setting change off the report page on my computer.....or if I must go back to the field and set the home camera to the right channel??

I had a problem with my Base Camera transmitting pics to my computer. Went to my home base cam and did a cell-test and evidently changed the channel numbers back to the 01-01 setting (instead of the original and intended 05-05). I believe I did this by a "reset" move I made. Now, I am not getting any pics from the other six cameras.

Anyway.....it's not clear to me if I can make this channel setting change off the report page on my computer.....or if I must go back to the field and set the home camera to the right channel??
you cannot change channel remotely, that would end the connection , you have to do it on the camera - also change your channel to uncommon numbers, like 05-15 , keep the numbers apart and dont use common numbers like 1, 2, 5 etc you will have linking issues using 05-05 or similar to what you have at some point. all cameras need to be on the same channel.