Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Any chance making a change when cell service is not great can kick a cam off the network? I updated the report time showed pending for around 24 hours then gone from the network? Cam has worked without issue for about 2 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no i dont believe that would be something related. .

2 issues going on right now.

1. Cam #4, west, has been taking pictures but I don't ever see any transmitted to me, or find them on the camp.

2. Cam #5, flats, has a DPB hooked up to a no internals J. It has been going back and forth between ext 1, ext 2, and now OK. Every time it does this it resets the battery days. Again, no internals on a 4 d J cam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-081718_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-081718_Chrome.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 13
have you tested them without the 12volt power source? i would do that first if not , my first guess would be sd cards but if you switched them to other cameras then it may not be that, you may end up sending these in. im tuning this week dark to dark so i wont be responding until dark at least and possibly not each day
Thanks, new SD cards coming, I've tried several power configurations. 3 days running perfect as stand alone. They write 5mp to card. Maybe, with Link on there is issue creating thumbnail, writing it, or sending that is locking things up. They do stop sending status updates and date doesn't change after lockup. Maybe I should reflash 8.3 and try again. And turn other cams off, maybe signal issue with too much rf close by.

f8e1dd6abcc5a6fedd4ea5b24ad709d4.jpg

So I just got a g cell home and it will not send photos it’s hooked up I have it set to one hour and I get nothing I test it and I do get the test but no pics when it’s tripped
I tried a cell test now and I get fail 203

make sure you are in a good LTE signal area, make sure its on batch 5 or one hour ,NOT batch 1
go to test and do a reset , then cell menu make sure cell mode is on and then run the cell test, - yoru screen shot shows its failing 2 out of 3 times it tries to connect

2 issues going on right now.

1. Cam #4, west, has been taking pictures but I don't ever see any transmitted to me, or find them on the camp.

2. Cam #5, flats, has a DPB hooked up to a no internals J. It has been going back and forth between ext 1, ext 2, and now OK. Every time it does this it resets the battery days. Again, no internals on a 4 d J cam.
are you able to reach your cell unit so you can update the firmware to match yoru remotes? you have 8.2 on the home and 8.3 on everything else. what brand batteries in the DPB?

Anyone have any thoughts on why a camera will show up on the report as having EXT OK for battery life and a consistent good connection level, but is never available on camp? This camera hasn't taken a photo in weeks. My Cuddelink system is on 8.3.0. The Camera is called Ravine Cliff and is location 11.

Screenshot_20211108-094734.png

Anyone have any thoughts on why a camera will show up on the report as having EXT OK for battery life and a consistent good connection level, but is never available on camp? This camera hasn't taken a photo in weeks. My Cuddelink system is on 8.3.0. The Camera is called Ravine Cliff and is location 11.

View attachment 38402
what channel is your network on ? You are saying its not in device settings or in the online report but its always in you emailed report?

what channel is your network on ? You are saying its not in device settings or in the online report but its always in you emailed report?
Thanks for the prompt response, John. The channel is 04-21. Correct, it is not in device settings, and is sometimes in the emailed report. I just checked the online report and it was not visible.

Thanks for the prompt response, John. The channel is 04-21. Correct, it is not in device settings, and is sometimes in the emailed report. I just checked the online report and it was not visible.
the online report is most accurate, its odd that its been on you emailed for weeks, i can see 2-3 days but not weeks, you may have an sd card issue but you would need ot visit the camera to determine

the online report is most accurate, its odd that its been on you emailed for weeks, i can see 2-3 days but not weeks, you may have an sd card issue but you would need ot visit the camera to determine
That's what I was afraid of. I probably won't mess with it until after the peak rut and I can get a few minutes to sneak to the camera. As the name suggests, it's not the easiest to get to. Thanks John.

Has anyone else stopped receiving the text messages with pictures on the T-Mobile network? I stopped receiving them on Nov 5th but still receive them in my Gmail email account. I have a ticket in with T-Mobile.

View attachment 38402
I had a cam do that a few times and it was a SD card issue the first 2 times and then the last time it was torn from the tree and carried off by a bear. I still haven't found it...good luck

I had a cam do that a few times and it was a SD card issue the first 2 times and then the last time it was torn from the tree and carried off by a bear. I still haven't found it...good luck
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up, though.

make sure you are in a good LTE signal area, make sure its on batch 5 or one hour ,NOT batch 1
go to test and do a reset , then cell menu make sure cell mode is on and then run the cell test, - yoru screen shot shows its failing 2 out of 3 times it tries to connect

Thanks I did that
It has 4 bar lte looking at my phone next to it
Was working for 2 days and now nothing again thinking it’s defective

Thanks I did that
It has 4 bar lte looking at my phone next to it
Was working for 2 days and now nothing again thinking it’s defective

check the antennas, make sure they re fully intact and not loose- if its failing to connect 2 out of 3 times take it to another area that has LTE , if it fails there set up a return with cuddeback by calling customer service.

@john volkman if you are still taking suggestions on improving the interface organization, I would also make clearing the SD card at the camera a little more intuitive.

On that note, I've had at least four cameras (both J's and G's) have an SD CARD FULL error message in the camera but the reports not reflect that. I have all on 8.3. The only reason why I've noticed them having this issue is that they eventually stop taking photos. And for some reason, attempting to clear the SD cards through camp gets stuck in pending (one camera eventually cleared and began taking photos again). I never had this issue before switching to 8.3, but this may be an SD card issue as I switched to all new cards at the same time and formatted them before putting them in the camera.

@john volkman if you are still taking suggestions on improving the interface organization, I would also make clearing the SD card at the camera a little more intuitive.

On that note, I've had at least four cameras (both J's and G's) have an SD CARD FULL error message in the camera but the reports not reflect that. I have all on 8.3. The only reason why I've noticed them having this issue is that they eventually stop taking photos. And for some reason, attempting to clear the SD cards through camp gets stuck in pending (one camera eventually cleared and began taking photos again). I never had this issue before switching to 8.3, but this may be an SD card issue as I switched to all new cards at the same time and formatted them before putting them in the camera.
in my experience this is usually a card issue and once the card is changed it goes away, i will pass on the input regarding the clearing issue. There is some new interface being worked on that will certainly help all cuddelink users, it wont be in place until next year but its being worked on now.

in my experience this is usually a card issue and once the card is changed it goes away, i will pass on the input regarding the clearing issue. There is some new interface being worked on that will certainly help all cuddelink users, it wont be in place until next year but its being worked on now.
That's great to hear. I agree that it may be an SD card issue.

[USERjohn volkman[/USER] if you are still taking suggestions on improving the interface organization, I would also make clearing the SD card at the camera a little more intuitive.

3 things I would love to see (I already know it’s not going to happen due to John’s previous is responses on the subjects).
1. Update all cams remotely
2. Remove clicking audible when camera switches from day to night
3. The ability to choose to receive a high quality picture. It never fails I get a new deer come through but I cant tell hardly anything from the transmitted pic. I have to go in to pull the card to see if it’s a deer I want to pursue. Like this one from this morning.
8F596C8A-58DC-4465-A3C9-1F7F0D723E82.jpeg