Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I didn’t realize it was that common of a problem. None of my other brand cameras do it. I’m gonna check how loud my other cameras are for comparison.
All of my G series will do it but it's usually at transitional times, dusk to dawn or dawn to dusk. This particular camera is my problem child. It also randomly will take pictures every minute for hours and when it does the IR goes on and off every other picture. It's already been replaced for the last camera doing the same thing. It hasn't been an issue for a while and the deer don't seem to care.

Agreed...silence needed!!! Many of my 16 cameras do the same thing both at transition time (only one switch expected) and throughout the day! You would think the program code on the camera could be modified to include a simple timer that doesn't allow it to switch back and forth in sequence like that. Perhaps once it switches, it needs to wait several minutes to switch back again???

I didn’t realize it was that common of a problem. None of my other brand cameras do it. I’m gonna check how loud my other cameras are for comparison.
Definatley notice this on mine as well. The deer pic them out just about every time this happens as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This has been my luck recently...

Attachments

• 1570089624743_T_00001.JPG
    1570089624743_T_00001.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1570089618237_T_00001.JPG
    1570089618237_T_00001.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 49
  • T_00004.JPG
    T_00004.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 1570089534600_T_00001.JPG
    1570089534600_T_00001.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 1570089523726_T_00001.JPG
    1570089523726_T_00001.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 47
This has been my luck recently...
Looks like you need to put your camera at waist height and facing level, you won’t have that problem then.

Looks like you need to put your camera at waist height and facing level, you won’t have that problem then.
Waist height on public land land.... LMAO. I haven't had this issue all summer...I'm just going to take it as a string of bad luck

Waist height on public land land.... LMAO. I haven't had this issue all summer...I'm just going to take it as a string of bad luck
Agreed, I would have to have some $30 cams for public land!

Public land, you might as well cement it down. But, if possible, you could raise it even higher to increase the field of view. I think FOV is only about 8’ wide @ 10’ distance. But, I have a thousand just like that. I’ve come to terms with it.

I have been testing connecting two 3358 Power packs wired in Parallel been working good so far 2 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    506 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2545.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 42
What kinda of time interval between emails is everyone getting? I’ve got a ton of emails and none are closer than 30mins, most are 45-60 mins apart. On most of my camera’s I have excellent cell service and good RF signals. I know there are lots of variables, but seems to me my intervals are nearly like clockwork.

What kinda of time interval between emails is everyone getting? I’ve got a ton of emails and none are closer than 30mins, most are 45-60 mins apart. On most of my camera’s I have excellent cell service and good RF signals. I know there are lots of variables, but seems to me my intervals are nearly like clockwork.
I have mine texted instead of emailed so I dont know if there is a difference but I get texts as quick as 19 minutes apart.

I have been testing connecting two 3358 Power packs wired in Parallel been working good so far 2 weeks

Very neat and ingenious. There are several hacks to achieve same results. Soldering and heat shrink etc, but for for the non-diy’er this is definitely pretty cool. Another concept is to make an ammo box that will hold 20 D-cells. :emoji_thinking:

I have mine texted instead of emailed so I dont know if there is a difference but I get texts as quick as 19 minutes apart.

What is your Batch set at?
and how do you get pic via Text?

Last edited:
Did you make that cable yourself?

Did you make that cable yourself?
Yes i have the cables, the splitter cable connects to both 3358 powerpacks then has a female connector on the other end that you would need to use one of the cables that came with your booster

What is your Batch set at?
and how do you get pic via Text?
I looked farther back and actually saw some pics I got 13 minutes apart. It’s been several months since I set it up but I believe the batch is set at 1, the K cam has 2 J’s linked to it and they are setup in a security type setup with very few pictures.
The option of email or text was in the setup instructions.

Does it really matter (when it comes to battery life) what frequency you set the home cell to send pics to your email. The way I see it if you get 30 pictures in one day and have it set to send every 12 hours it still has to send 30 pictures just as it would if it was set to send batches of 1, 30 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it really matter (when it comes to battery life) what frequency you set the home cell to send pics to your email. The way I see it if you get 30 pictures in one day and have it set to send every 12 hours it still has to send 30 pictures just as it would if it was set to send batches of 1, 30 times.

No expert here but my understanding is this.

With a cell camera sending pics to email it actually stops receiving pics from other cameras while it’s connecting and sending via cell service. I’m not sure of the shutdown time. 5 or so minutes. Not a problem if you get very few pictures or have the time between pictures a cam takes set very high. If your cam is taking a pic every 1 to 5 seconds and a group of does is in front of it, it could be counter productive. The cell cam receives a pic, shuts down receiving and starts the process of sending an email.

If you have 30 pics sending one at a time the cell is shut down from receiving for 150 minutes 30x5 or 2.5 hours.
If your batch is set to 30 it only stops receiving for 5 minutes to email all of them. (Again my 5 minutes could off +/-)

Low batch numbers and high picture numbers could create a big log jam.

EDIT
Sorry just reread your post. Not sure if you have it set to send every 12 hours. Maybe it would send them all at that time rather than shutting down and starting the process over for each pic. But I have mine set to batch 31 and that’s how many pics I get with each email unless I’m getting the daily report.

Does it really matter (when it comes to battery life) what frequency you set the home cell to send pics to your email. The way I see it if you get 30 pictures in one day and have it set to send every 12 hours it still has to send 30 pictures just as it would if it was set to send batches of 1 30 times.

It’s different for each individual. I’ve been getting 200-400 pics a day at 10/20 per batch. Set too low and you get 1000 emails, set too high and it bogs system down, especially with a weak cell signal. If you lose signal in the middle of a transmission, it has to re-establish connection and proceed. 30 pics won’t matter one way or the other.

Alright thank you, so I hunt 116 acres that seems to be primarily a travel route for deer I don’t think too many deer are calling it home. I probably only get 30 pictures a day. I know at some point a big will come through and I want the most information as possible with out destroying my batteries. I’m really banking on these cameras to tell me where and when to be out. You guys think the best option for me would be send pictures every hour?

Alright thank you, so I hunt 116 acres that seems to be primarily a travel route for deer I don’t think too many deer are calling it home. I probably only get 30 pictures a day. I know at some point a big will come through and I want the most information as possible with out destroying my batteries. I’m really banking on these cameras to tell me where and when to be out. You guys think the best option for me would be send pictures every hour?

That’s ok if you want 30 emails a day. You get the same information once per day.