Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I did that. New batteries that were just bought today put in and nothing happens or comes on. Is it battery choice itself for some reason, or a faulty battery, or a way to reset home unit?

I had new batteries one time that evidently had a bad one in it that I had a similar issue. Wasn't a cuddeback but a different brand. Also throw in a formatted SD card if you are looking for possible issues.

Got a question. If you look at my report at unit 1 it has shown that there are 12 pics on the repeater unit. It has said that for weeks. Does this mean that no cameras are using it for a repeater? Also looking under the links column they all say 1. Same question. If none of the cameras are using the repeater then I will go set out another camera to take pics.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

Thanks. Can you send some pictures of your G series box?
Pictures of G series also on our website

Got a question. If you look at my report at unit 1 it has shown that there are 12 pics on the repeater unit. It has said that for weeks. Does this mean that no cameras are using it for a repeater? Also looking under the links column they all say 1. Same question. If none of the cameras are using the repeater then I will go set out another camera to take pics.

Oh I see your #5 camera must be your camera that’s actually your home camera. Looks like you do not need a repeater

Last edited:
Not sure on your setup, but I’m not sure if your your home should be repeater. I thought repeater was used to help get to the home camera.

It used to be my home. If you look at mode you will see repeater which is what it is set at. I never changed the ID when I changed the mode.

I just blew up my cam network. Didn't clear the home card from last year i guess burned through my months worth of data in 12 hours.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does the TX queue load from SD card?
It does for sure from the home cam. Had 13k images on the card

It does for sure from the home cam. Had 13k images on the card

Not sure that remotes will do it. I’ve made about every mistake I’ve seen on here and more. This 100 degree heat not helping my natural forgetfulness! I sure hope Cudde comes up with a way to adjust settings remotely.

Pictures of G series also on our website
I seen the picture on the website, it was just a small thumbnail of the front unless I missed something. I'm more interested in how it shuts and locks and if the top is solid or opened for antennas. My biggest problem with the G series Cuddesafe is the top is wide open for the cell antennas to fit leaving the camera open to the elements. If the ones your selling are not like that I plan on buying 2 today.

I seen the picture on the website, it was just a small thumbnail of the front unless I missed something. I'm more interested in how it shuts and locks and if the top is solid or opened for antennas. My biggest problem with the G series Cuddesafe is the top is wide open for the cell antennas to fit leaving the camera open to the elements. If the ones your selling are not like that I plan on buying 2 today.
Our standard G series box is solid on top , we also have cell models that have cutout for antennas

Attachments

• IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    586.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 27

If they are 1 link then they are not using the repeater. I also believe that the 12 images you see are previous images on the card. Did you clear the SD card before putting it in the repeater? I have repeater setup and it's linking 2 cams. My report shows those cams have 2 links. My repeater SD card also says 0 images, but I cleared it before using it.

Our standard G series box is solid on top , we also have cell models that have cutout for antennas
Perfect. I ordered 2 a couple hours ago.

I know everybody's set-up is different, but I put all my camera's "Zone Wide" and Shutter down. Sure I get more blank pictures, but I also get more deer pictures in general. I try to set up for pictures within 30ft or less. Up to this distance the dead zone angle on right hand side is greater than left, so I take this in to account when aiming camera. The closer the set-up the less blanks you will have.

From looking at burst shots, you can definitely tell deer, especially the bucks, will flee the scene at the day/nite transition time when IR filter switches. Sometimes the filter will switch back and forth and take a nite pic, then a day pic, then a night pic until it gets dark enough for it to settle in on just IR. Someone needs to invent way to silence this!

I know everybody's set-up is different, but I put all my camera's "Zone Wide" and Shutter down. Sure I get more blank pictures, but I also get more deer pictures in general. I try to set up for pictures within 30ft or less. Up to this distance the dead zone angle on right hand side is greater than left, so I take this in to account when aiming camera. The closer the set-up the less blanks you will have.

From looking at burst shots, you can definitely tell deer, especially the bucks, will flee the scene at the day/nite transition time when IR filter switches. Sometimes the filter will switch back and forth and take a nite pic, then a day pic, then a night pic until it gets dark enough for it to settle in on just IR. Someone needs to invent way to silence this!
I have 1 camera that will do that any time of the day. These are from between 12:30pm and 1:00pm. IR on off on off.

Attachments

• T_00001.JPG
    T_00001.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 38
  • T_00002.JPG
    T_00002.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 41
  • T_00003.JPG
    T_00003.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 33
  • T_00004.JPG
    T_00004.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 31
  • T_00005.JPG
    T_00005.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 31
  • T_00006.JPG
    T_00006.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 29
  • T_00007.JPG
    T_00007.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 30
  • T_00008.JPG
    T_00008.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 28
I have 1 camera that will do that any time of the day. These are from between 12:30pm and 1:00pm. IR on off on off.

Wow.. WTH? Good looking picture otherwise. I guess the turkey just thought IR clicking was just another turkey clucking. lol

I have a few that do the same.

Agreed...silence needed!!! Many of my 16 cameras do the same thing both at transition time (only one switch expected) and throughout the day! You would think the program code on the camera could be modified to include a simple timer that doesn't allow it to switch back and forth in sequence like that. Perhaps once it switches, it needs to wait several minutes to switch back again???

when a unit is in repeater mode it doesnt save images to the sd card int he camera it only relays them to the next camera or the home unit. those images on that card where there before it was set as a repeater.

Agreed...silence needed!!! Many of my 16 cameras do the same thing both at transition time (only one switch expected) and throughout the day! You would think the program code on the camera could be modified to include a simple timer that doesn't allow it to switch back and forth in sequence like that. Perhaps once it switches, it needs to wait several minutes to switch back again???

I didn’t realize it was that common of a problem. None of my other brand cameras do it. I’m gonna check how loud my other cameras are for comparison.