Crabapple timeline

I got the scion from a fellow deer/ apple maniac in 2015 or so. It is on dolgo and produced it’s first fruit last year. It looks like another crab for a winter food source.
9bbf4ba1b6152eafa92244b864234e2e.jpg
d72975daf2c8eb71438c37547b00f8ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93d5f2eb533742c36daf14d0729eff2b.jpg

Clowns Nose crab is the name for the dolgo seedling in my hand. It is shown next to Kerr.
I picked all I could reach for cider this fall, but it looks like a good winter feed source.
5608aa94a069d8a5f593887a8a88664b.jpg

93d5f2eb533742c36daf14d0729eff2b.jpg

Clowns Nose crab is the name for the dolgo seedling in my hand. It is shown next to Kerr.
I picked all I could reach for cider this fall, but it looks like a good winter feed source.
5608aa94a069d8a5f593887a8a88664b.jpg

Clown nose, great name. LOL

I need to start growing dolgo seedlings to see if I get similar results to Sandbur. Another great looking wildlife tree Art!

ex
I need to start growing dolgo seedlings to see if I get similar results to Sandbur. Another great looking wildlife tree Art!
My seeds are in the fridge right now, excited to begin the experiment this spring!

^^^^ Me too, BuckSnort!!
I don't know what's in the water around Bur's place, but he's in a gold mine for crabs.

Bur - One of these days you'll come up with a good plan to attract deer. What tree is that?

Amazing Sandbur!

Your crabapples are impressive!

Is your little Pillsbury Crab still holding any fruit Bur?
It looks like it could be a nice Crab for Grouse & Turkeys.

Is your little Pillsbury Crab still holding any fruit Bur?
It looks like it could be a nice Crab for Grouse & Turkeys.

I have not been back there for awhile.

Evidence shows your deer like what you have growing there. Tracks look like a parade.

My apple tree pruning crew was out early, but then they packed up and left. Probably headed to church.
ac597f34c9be75e41ac94997f0aac64f.jpg
635123c926423984af12c873a99be6bc.jpg

My apple tree pruning crew was out early, but then they packed up and left. Probably headed to church.
ac597f34c9be75e41ac94997f0aac64f.jpg
635123c926423984af12c873a99be6bc.jpg

No freeloaders there!

I assembled many of my crab apple pictures by date. These are from the center of Minnesota, except a few Whitney crabs pictures I added for comparison from other forum members. Small Chunks climate is similar to mine to ripening should be about the same time.

This might give a hint of ripening or drop timing as well as apple size.

In 2017, I left some Kerr on the tree to check drop times. I harvested all of them this year.

Morse bunches crabs are more of a bush type with much variation in size and only one or two were hardy here. Apple size was from 3/4 inch and down.

Where are you growing all of these crab apples I had a lot of my trees winter kill last year I'm up in northern Minnesota I might have to plant more crabapple trees I think they are more Hardy. My Whitney crabapple had severe winter damage so I'd stay away from that one in Zone 3 was a five year old tree. Even my Norland apple trees had winter damage those are zone two trees.

I assembled many of my crab apple pictures by date. These are from the center of Minnesota, except a few Whitney crabs pictures I added for comparison from other forum members. Small Chunks climate is similar to mine to ripening should be about the same time.

This might give a hint of ripening or drop timing as well as apple size.

In 2017, I left some Kerr on the tree to check drop times. I harvested all of them this year.

Morse bunches crabs are more of a bush type with much variation in size and only one or two were hardy here. Apple size was from 3/4 inch and down.

Where are you growing all of these crab apples I had a lot of my trees winter kill last year I'm up in northern Minnesota I might have to plant more crabapple trees I think they are more Hardy. My Whitney crabapple had severe winter damage so I'd stay away from that one in Zone 3 was a five year old tree. Even my Norland apple trees had winter damage those are zone two trees.

Zone 3-4 junction. I had -41 for a brief period last winter. -38 for several hours.

Pm sent