Clethodum not legal in NY?!? now what...

eclipseman

5 year old buck +
Sorry for all the threads on this but I just found out the reason I cannot find clethodum locally is it is not allowed in NY and online retailers show this restriction as well so now im not sure how to treat my clover fields for grasses. Open to all suggestions...

Sorry for all the threads on this but I just found out the reason I cannot find clethodum locally is it is not allowed in NY and online retailers show this restriction as well so now im not sure how to treat my clover fields for grasses. Open to all suggestions...

I'm in Canada and had similar problems. I ordered mine off of Ebay out of a place in Florida.

Can you use Sethoxydim?

i'm curious. What is the rational for the ban?

i'm curious. What is the rational for the ban?
No idea I just see wherever I go to order it...it is restricted for quite a few states and NY is one of them.

Is your clover getting eaten to the ground? If not and there isn't a need for more tonnage, why spray?

Is your clover getting eaten to the ground? If not and there isn't a need for more tonnage, why spray?
Because I want it to last. I don’t want it being taken over by weeds. Clover plots, when managed, can last 5+ years. I’m on year 2 and I’d say 25% already has a pretty bad weed problem. I’d like the plot to last the full 5 years and if spraying 40$ worth of chemicals does that then great!

FWIW...the only states where clethodim is labeled for use on clover are Oregon, Idaho, and Washington. Anywhere else it's being used on clover it isn't legal (the label is the law). Sethoxydim is labeled for use on clover in all states.

I get at least 7 years out of my clover with very little management after establishment. A high weed tolerance works best for me and my deer. When I get less than 50% clover (6 years or so after establishment), I'll hit them with 1 qt/ac gly before a rain. It is amazing how they bounce back! Poast, as mentioned is the most common alternative to Cleth.

Thanks,

jack

I’ve always got cleth at keystone. I see no such restrictions for NY. The only problem I ever had was generic Oust XP was not allowed but the brand name Oust was allowed so maybe you need to look at generics or brand names but, just to make sure I just checked Keystone and they sell Dakota which is Cleth with. No restrictions in NY. Let me know how you make out