All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out this bear

Makes me feel a little foolish installing a wimpy fence around my fruit trees in an area with lots of bear. I am sure once the trees start to produce fruit, the bears will get to what they want, irregardless of my feeble attempt at keeping them away.

Keep the power supply out of reach at least. Gotta admit those things are cute. I haven't had much damage from them yet. If I did, I probably wouldn't view them as cute.

Pretty sweet video... you can sure tell what that bear is thinking haha

Yep....soon they will have that bear hot-wiring a car....and going to the drive-thru.

Makes me feel a little foolish installing a wimpy fence around my fruit trees in an area with lots of bear. I am sure once the trees start to produce fruit, the bears will get to what they want, irregardless of my feeble attempt at keeping them away.

I've read that hanging your fence off the ground far enough so the bear can swat under it to get the apples works. If you wrap your trunk it should not be a problem leaving a gap.