Cellular Cam problems

Big G-2

5 year old buck +
I bought a new Covert Blackhawk (Verizon coverage) late last year. It seemed to work good then, but from this summer and forward, it's been nothing but problems with it. It eats batteries in 3 weeks, brand new Lithiums mind you. Had an update done to it 6 weeks ago for this very reason, but it still eats them right up. I only averaged about 7 pics a day, so not too busy on pics.

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with cell cams? I'm going to try to get my money back, or trade in for some regular black out cams. Frustrating...

My buddy has 4 of them through verizon, only one is working now. Been nothing but trouble since he bought them.

My buddy has 4 of them through verizon, only one is working now. Been nothing but trouble since he bought them.
Wow, so I'm not the only one. I had a feeling this might be the case.

I just got off the phone with my buddy. He sent 3 of them in and just got a email back they are fixed and being shipped back. Cost was $25 per camera. He was not thrilled that they charged him as they have not worked right since new. But he will be able to put the out in a few days, so he is happy about that.

I just got off the phone with my buddy. He sent 3 of them in and just got a email back they are fixed and being shipped back. Cost was $25 per camera. He was not thrilled that they charged him as they have not worked right since new. But he will be able to put the out in a few days, so he is happy about that.
That's the part that ticks me off, I've had to go to the woods several times since July, to change batteries, do updates, get info off camera... Each time, putting my scent in the woods. The idea of a cell cam for me is, getting pics of bucks in my area, without disturbing the area with my scent and wising up those older bucks. I've had it.

Get them fixed while still in the warranty period

Covert cell cams have been nothing but problems for me. Every year it seems I have to send them back. They usually upgrade them to a newer model, sometimes for $25. I actually have all 3 working now, but who knows for how long. Mine are the At&t version.

My AT&T 2016 is working good after the last update. It really ate batteries up before the update. Another thing that will really improve battery life is changing from real time commands to 24 hr. It will only check once a day for commands or to update settings, otherwise it's pinging all day for a signal, and this usually causes the batteries to drain fast

Sell them and get some Spartan Go Cams.

I have terrible verizon service at the farm, do they come in ATT?

I don't receive ATT signal in my area, need the Verizon plan.

I've got 6 Covert cams in the field. When put on real time it burns up the batteries and shuts down to regular cam mode when it reaches 40%.
Switch the cam to 4 hour time and the batteries will last like they should.

I've got 6 Covert cams in the field. When put on real time it burns up the batteries and shuts down to regular cam mode when it reaches 40%.
Switch the cam to 4 hour time and the batteries will last like they should.

So, what if a guy switched it to 24 hours, like someone else said, wouldn't it last even longer? I don't ever switch anything up on the camera as far as commands anyway, so?

Makes sense to me :)

I have 2 of the new 2016 Coverts on At&t. They eat batteries even after updating. I also have one of the older ones 2, it works ok. I am not a fan of the app to see pics. I prefer a real time text. I don't think I will purchase any more of the cellular Covert cams or their regular cams what so ever. They all have issues. Im tired of calling and getting a bs excuse or reason for the cameras failing to perform. I just add them to the list of camera manufactures to stay away from

I have 2 of the new 2016 Coverts on At&t. They eat batteries even after updating. I also have one of the older ones 2, it works ok. I am not a fan of the app to see pics. I prefer a real time text. I don't think I will purchase any more of the cellular Covert cams or their regular cams what so ever. They all have issues. Im tired of calling and getting a bs excuse or reason for the cameras failing to perform. I just add them to the list of camera manufactures to stay away from

Yea. Everyone says, "they have great customer service." They are well practiced, I've never owned one that didn't spend more time in the mail than on a tree.

I have the verizon black hawk and the att code black....horrible cams ....eat batteries so bad...called customer service and tbey can care less...horrible