Catscratch House and Habitat build

^ Nice Rig!

Me?.....Level organized all right....lol. Hey....I'm retired and I got nothing else to do at times. But.....I am far from organized. Grin.

You are really well equipped with so many of the right things. I'd like to be a neighbor to you!

^ Nice Rig! Me?.....Level organized all right....lol. Hey....I'm retired and I got nothing else to do at times. But.....I am far from organized. Grin.

You are really well equipped with so many of the right things. I'd like to be a neighbor to you!

Neighbors... Imagine the possibilities! We'd probably be highly compatible. I'd weld up corner posts for ya and you could no-till my plots. Not exactly a fair trade though, I'd have to take ya fishing once in a while to offset the difference.

Am I the only one that would go mental if a 6' long snake crawled up on the dock with them? I'm guessing that snake was between you and shore? Hope that wasn't a rattler.

Great to hear the bass are coming along. Are you starting to see the crappies get thin that you're trying to get their numbers down?

Am I the only one that would go mental if a 6' long snake crawled up on the dock with them? I'm guessing that snake was between you and shore? Hope that wasn't a rattler.

Great to hear the bass are coming along. Are you starting to see the crappies get thin that you're trying to get their numbers down?
It was a Copper Headed Water Moccasin. Highly venomous AND poisonous! Their aggressiveness is said to rival that of the Black Mamba (not Kobe). I'm actually surprised it didn't see through my dangling lure scheme and jump on my face. Suppose a guy gets lucky once in a while.

Crappie have been difficult to catch the last 4-6 weeks. Brush in 10ft of water is usually my hot spots but that hasn't been working. Right now I'm either catching them jigging on the bottom (10ft deep), or along the weed line in 4ft of water. Instead of catching 20 in an outing I'm catching 5. Kind of weird. I wonder if the snake has something to do with it?

Screenshot_20240725_115213_Gallery.jpgAverage bass has been 15 inches and just shy of 2lbs. Of course I'm catching smaller and bigger, but a 15 incher is common. Relitive Weight calculator has them at 102%. That's outstanding in my opinion!

The crappie are calculating out at 80% RW. Not so good. Might indicate a lack of smaller forage? A crappie has a smaller gap so they have less options for food.

Screenshot_20240725_115110_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240725_115133_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240725_115145_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240725_115155_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240725_115206_Gallery.jpg