Catscratch House and Habitat build

Is that your welder? I almost got one at auction. I could think of a million uses around here. Place is looking really good! Rib rack looks meaty as hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Composite would be nice but it gets pretty warm in the sunshine. I’d probably just go with pressure treated lumber

Is that your welder? I almost got one at auction. I could think of a million uses around here. Place is looking really good! Rib rack looks meaty as hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Miller Bobcat 225. Older unit, stick welder/ac plugs/and generator. It sits a lot until it's needed, then it's worth it's weight in gold. I've got the power pole wired to run the house with it when needed.

Composite would be nice but it gets pretty warm in the sunshine. I’d probably just go with pressure treated lumber
I had the same train of thought. Probably will decide when I'm at the store pricing materials.

Fresh oil, break pads, and rotors on both the kid's cars and my truck. New radiator fan on the youngests car (pain in the ass), and new tires on my truck. Hope nothing breaks during hunting season, that's the goal anyway.
Screenshot_20240718_125651_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240718_125656_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240718_125727_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240718_125845_Gallery.jpg

Yotes are eating lots of corn and grass right now. Was eating bugs and berries, but that shifts once the corn starts to make.
Screenshot_20240718_130639_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240718_130656_Gallery.jpg

Catscratch, what your thoughts on the alyce/vetch combo?

Catscratch, what your thoughts on the alyce/vetch combo?
I've liked it.

I was under the impression it would turn into a jungle, but it hasn't gotten over 3-4 inches tall. The does and fawns seem to love it and not uncommon to see a deer in it at any time of day. Haven't seen a lot of bucks in it, but that could be due to other reasons.

There's a couple hundred acres of corn about 200yds from this plot that's starting to make, and I still have deer using the plot so I'd say that's good.

I've liked it.

I was under the impression it would turn into a jungle, but it hasn't gotten over 3-4 inches tall. The does and fawns seem to love it and not uncommon to see a deer in it at any time of day. Haven't seen a lot of bucks in it, but that could be due to other reasons.

There's a couple hundred acres of corn about 200yds from this plot that's starting to make, and I still have deer using the plot so I'd say that's good.
Vetch is my favorite annual (reseeding annual anyway) plot. I’ve never had a bad crop and deer hammer it no matter where I plant it. Also I like I can control broadleafs and grasses same as clover, 2-4db and cleth.

Vetch is my favorite annual (reseeding annual anyway) plot. I’ve never had a bad crop and deer hammer it no matter where I plant it. Also I like I can control broadleafs and grasses same as clover, 2-4db and cleth.
I put some cleth on it a week or so ago. Never put 2-4b on a plot before. Will have to remember it's safe on vetch. Think I'll plant this mix again next yr, but go heavier with the vetch.

Didn't you plant a golden hornet a few years back when I did?Hows yours

Didn't you plant a golden hornet a few years back when I did?Hows yours
Yes! She's doing great! Putting out lots of fruit but not really getting bigger. I think this is a pic of her. How is yours doing?
Screenshot_20240721_215856_Gallery.jpg

Been pretty intense on pond management this yr. Removing a lot of smaller bass, and every crappie we can catch. No documentation or measurements but I'm very certain the bass are starting to go up on the RW scale, especially the youngest ones we're catching. I think with a good start these little bass will be great looking fish in a few yrs! I LOVE to catch fat bass!

The wife caught a golden shiner yesterday while jigging. I feel the GS is the most important part of the food chain for us. Good to have breeding sized population of them.

Then she very sweetly said "could you kill that snake that just came up on the dock?". Dangled a beetlespin in front of him and he took it instantly.

Screenshot_20240722_223741_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240723_104533_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240723_104545_Gallery.jpg

How many acres is your pond when it doesn’t flood?

I'd been wanting to stock crawfish in the pond, but I've had trouble catching very many of them. Turns out I don't think I need to. Many of the fish I've cleaned the last couple of weeks have had crawdads in them. It takes 5lbs of crawdads for a bass to gain 1lb. It takes 8-10lbs of baitfish for them to gain a1lb.
Screenshot_20240724_164714_Gallery.jpg

My welding rig had the cable spools up high and over the tongue. The height was good but stepping over and through the tongue was inconvenient most of time, so I cut it off this evening and moved it. Lol, I wasn't welding worth a shit... then figured out a spark plug wire had come off and she was only at half power. Things went better after that! The spools are now where the torch used to be. Much easier to get to. I haven't had the torch on it in yrs! The chopsaw is plenty for most of what I do. I'm not Foggy level organized but it'll work for me. Someday I'll paint it.
Screenshot_20240724_195422_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240724_195448_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240724_195456_Gallery.jpg

^ Nice Rig! Me?.....Level organized all right....lol. Hey....I'm retired and I got nothing else to do at times. But.....I am far from organized. Grin.

You are really well equipped with so many of the right things. I'd like to be a neighbor to you!