All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulbs turned out good

Peeps

5 year old buck +
image.jpg 1st try at brassicas and here is how they turned out. This was in the cage. My deer hammered them as soon as they started growing but some still did ok. No ag in area so they are hungry. Not bad for my sandy soil. I'm looking forward to next growing season.

Good looking turnip!

View attachment 7879 1st try at brassicas and here is how they turned out. This was in the cage. My deer hammered them as soon as they started growing but some still did ok. No ag in area so they are hungry. Not bad for my sandy soil. I'm looking forward to next growing season.
How did you fertilize your turnips? Did you do a one time nitrogen application or a couple?

Wh
How did you fertilize your turnips? Did you do a one time nitrogen application or a couple?

I fertilized when I planted and then hit them with some nitrogen twice before rains after they came up.

Looks Good Peeps!

Impressive growth there, nice job!

That a good size bulb. My deer don't eat turnips for some reason.

Looking good!!!

Last edited:
Great turnip. What seeding rate did you use and what is your pH?