BuckChaser the Series!

great thread and grats to your daughter, MO!

They pretty well done with the peas an oats John? My oats are browed out

I love having bobcats around. Prints, bucket sets, calling opps, dogs running. Bobcats help make the winter cruise by.
brooks-johnson-2010-mn-bobcat.jpg

bobcats.jpg

MBC, how has the buck movement been? I'm planning to go down tomorrow morning but the forecast isn't very inspiring.

Thanks for the update, that is encouraging. I was hoping for a north wind so I could hunt my brassicas but it's not looking good for that. I'm going to check my cams quick when I get down and formulate a plan.

John-how close to you was that northern Missouri CWD deer?

Saw 18 or so last night but only one decent buck, a 2 year old 8 point. Most were headed to our picked bean field. I'm going to hunt my Mercer place tonight. Alfalfa is the only game in that town so hopefully they are still using it.

I saw a bunch of deer but not any target bucks. Pretty slow buck activity overall, likely due to the weather. I should have rescheduled.

Oh yeah! Any sign on Cactus Jack?

Mo....That one is shaping up nicely. Love seeing the ones that get through another season. Makes the future look bright.

Nice! I would sure like to see what some of your deer look like next year!

Unreal John! I Bet ol big boy slips in there to eat after the sun sets!

You can bet on that! But I will hunt the edge of the real bedding 1/2 mile to the NW in the morning. Hope to catch him on the way back!:D
I wish you luck my friend!
I got the guys at work all fired up about hunting after showing them your vid from this ev!

Nice and a short walk from camp too! Is the 1/2 rack broken or did he shed 1 side already?

John,
Beans were KING on my place yesterday also from 3ish on. They must have all gotten cold and hungry at the same time across the state.

959D7485-F106-49EA-A87D-19F37034BDCF.png

F9854BE1-7074-49E4-BF14-D9E12FF6B6A6.png

587131F5-6742-4760-BA01-B78C04EE811D.png

ABFF4435-8532-4D0A-9FEB-781313513297.png

Nice deer Bill, are you up hunting?

I video taped a stud 9 point tonight. I will post the video in a few minutes.

No I'm watching from a far. Next time I hunt will be in mild weather gear. I'm glad to see some "legal" deer made it past the locals. (So far) not many local late season bow hunters around but I bet there's still some rifles in trucks.

Mo u gonna shoot that guy if u have a chance, or is he getting another year.

You guys in Missouri got more deer in one frame than I see in a whole season!

Thats damn funny you said that Sandbur.... I thought the same thing.

How long does the season go down there??