Broke a guys heart permission to track denied

Bummer. Looks like a young deer.
I’m guessing 3 year old. He was on my no go list. Told my son he could but honestly he wasn’t all pumped up to kill him. He had his eyes on bigger deer and got it.

Any pics of him the year before? Always fun to track progress.

Any pics of him the year before? Always fun to track progress.
No he wouldn’t have stood out as anything other a slightly large 8.

It's an Ok buck, not a "nice" buck for that area. Bucks like that are a dime a dozen in Bill's area. It would have been a nice buck...

maybe not a dime a dozen but he wasn’t setting any records in N. MO. Other places in the county he would a monster.

The guy who shot him seemed very excited that he was getting his deer. For all I know it’s the biggest he’s ever killed.

Wonder how it would work if your son hit the buck he was after, and it run to that small piece of land and died there...... and then you would have to tell your son he isn't able to track it any further and permission not granted so you dont ruin a day of hunting for that other hunter.

Wonder how it would work if your son hit the buck he was after, and it run to that small piece of land and died there...... and then you would have to tell your son he isn't able to track it any further and permission not granted so you dont ruin a day of hunting for that other hunter.

it would have worked the same in reverse.
A man who payed in full for his land got to make a decision about his land.

it would have worked the same in reverse.
A man who payed in full for his land got to make a decision about his land.
Amen. What’s mine is mine and yours is yours. I’m not in to sharing. Respect my privacy cause I’m going to respect yours.

I was a "nice" guy once. Thought I could trust my neighbor as he called me about a buck he wounded with an arrow that jumped over the fence on my property.

btw ... his stand is 20 yards off my line ... but I digress.

Told him he could go in alone and if no blood 50 yards from the fence, back out. He agreed.

Found out later he brought in 2 friends and a dog and walked the entire 1/4 mile of creek bottom that I keep as a sanctuary. Reason I found out is I ran into my of the guys who helped and he said "I like that stand you have in there near that big oak, must be great hunting". That stand was over a 1/4 mile from my fence line and they never found blood.

btw ... in last 6 years he has now wounded 4 deer like above.

They didn't ruin a day, they screwed my creek bottom up for weeks .... never again ... learn to shoot and make a kill shot.