Bow Tuning - Twin Cities

mtholton

5 year old buck +
Just wanted to share that I had my bow (Elite Synergy) tuned up locally at https://www.mrarchery.com/about. Service was quick and very affordable (much cheaper than any bow shop by about half for what I wanted done).

I saw his name on a few forums from other guys talking about him and was happy to find out he was 15 minutes from my house (he's in Centerville, MN). It's just a one man shop out of his home and I think he does it at night as a side hobby. The service and price can't be beat. If you're in the area and need help with your bow, I'd suggest you give it a try!

Coyote Creek in Rochester will tune up bows for free even if not bought from them. Now if your changing strings, cables or adding accessories that is obviously not free.

Glad you found a shop close to you that you can trust do do good work at a good price.

I think it is pretty hard to tune a bow for someone else. Everyone has unique quirks when they shoot. Slight changes in hand position, anchor point, alignment, can all impact arrow flight. A good bow mechanic can get things in the right ball park, but the final tuning is usually on the shooter.

I haven't found any technique better than paper tuning. I found it is important to take a few more steps back and/or closer from.to the paper to make sure you didn't get lucky.

Thanks,

Jack

If you can get your broadheads to shoot and group with your field points then your bow is tuned.