Hello Habitat family!

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Its been awhile! I think about you guys often! Hope your hunts and habitat adventures are going great! Wanted to pop in and say hi and share my successful bow season. My Nov 6th evening hunt started out a little rocky when I pulled a trail cam card and realized one of our shooters had passed through literally 5 min before I pulled the card! I was discouraged thinking I prolly bumped this deer and ran him out of the county! But told myself anything can happen this time of year. An happen they did! Deer movement picked up as the evening hunt progressed. A mature doe slipped past at 25 yards. 10 min later the chocolate 8 pops out of a drainage ditch at 40 yards. About gave me a heart attack. Crazy how these big bucks just appear. I prayed he would follow the does route and readied myself for him to slip through the shooting lane. He did at a steady pace. Had to bleat at him twice to get him to stop for the shot. The arrow entered high in the shoulder but exited in the money. He ran tail tucked 125 yards down the ridge and piled up just out of site. I did not know this at the time. I sat till dark as my buddy was hunting just down the ridge an didn't want to mess his hunt up. . We trailed the buck about 100 yards but decided to come back in the AM due to having very little blood. The buck was literally 25 yards from last blood! Thankful I switched to a heavier and smaller diameter arrow this year. 450 grains seems to be the sweet spot for plowing through a shoulder blade. Not that I would intentionally do that but its happened more than once! My biggest fans awaited me at house with much anticipation :)
Good luck and and God bless guys!
Jordan
IMG_4289.jpg
IMG_4279.jpg
IMG_4277.jpg

Just awesome Jordon, and that family picture should be on a magazine cover. Great to hear from you!

He's a nice one Jordan!

Good to hear from you.

Congrats!

Great buck and with all them youngins you better go buy some doe tags for more meat

Congrats on the great deer! Is that on your new farm? I know you sold one and bought one closer.

Congrats on the great deer! Is that on your new farm? I know you sold one and bought one closer.
This was not on my farm. This was on another piece of ground I am blessed to be able to hunt. Sold the farm I bought closer to home as well. I am on my third farm now. Not including my home place. Currently own a 214 acre tract with a few family members. I actually bought my uncle out of this piece. Its where I killed my first deer at 11 years old. Planted my first food plot here. But Always looking and ready to pull the trigger on another piece!
I want to be Bills neighbor up in northern Mo some day! ;)

Nice Jordan!

Congrats!!!

Congrats. Great buck!

Check this out... My arm when I pulled the cam card just before climbing into the stand (cam is 20 yards from stand) then another big shooter 5 min before... WHOOPS Dang time change had me running late! Gotta love Nov 6th...
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

The boys are stacking bodies in MO youth season! Pulled a double Fri evening. The farmer is happy. He had 50K in crop damage this year. Says kill em all lol
On a side note I am super impressed with this howa 1500 mini action in 6.5 grendel. Crazy accurate. The 6.5 grendel is the perfect youth caliber in my opinion. Next to no recoil. I handload 120 grain speer gold dots. They hit hard for a light bullet.
IMG_4455.jpg

Last edited:
That’s just too much fun Jordan!

Beautiful! Congrats!!!

As a curiosity Jordan, what caliber do you have the boys shooting?

As a curiosity Jordan, what caliber do you have the boys shooting?
6.5 grendel. Love the round. Very low recoil. I am a handloader and can really stretch its performance with these modern day powders. It sends 120 Speer bullets at 2600fps. We have taken 6+ deer with it. All one shot kills. Have tried 123sst, 120 noslers and 120 Speer gold dots. The 120 gold dots really shines

Very nice! I Love the 6.5s. I handload for a Ruger Model 77 in 6.5 x 55. mine is partial to the 140 grains nosler partitions and ballistic tips both. That rifle is the One I lend to new hunters regardless of age or size. My 57 old brother hunted for the first time in years this year and thats the rifle he’s been practicing with and using this year.

I love that I saw the deer at 15 seconds in and you let him keep following that blood.😆

Congratulations great memories being made here...