Best cellular cam?

Do they always react to the camera that way? They must have heard something unless you were there recently.

Noticed that as well..

I have issues with "glo" cameras being avoided by bigger bucks, but not with "no glo", they don't seem to mind.

Noticed that as well..

I have issues with "glo" cameras being avoided by bigger bucks, but not with "no glo", they don't seem to mind.

I would generally agree. This is a "red flash" so id say go with the Ghost cam if thats the case.

Bassattackr you can do the video and the picture mode at the same time. Just go into your settings and ask it to start taking a 10 second video each time. You will only get them on your phone or app if you request them but they will all be on your SD card.

I’ve never done the YouTube thing before but maybe I figured it out... let me know it this works? A couple videos from the Spartan GoCam.

Are those sent from the cam or taken from the card?

These are just the thumbnails from the camera... so the vids from the card should be much higher quality, these don’t seem that clear. I’ll see if I can get them to work when I’m home tonight.
YouTube won’t let me load a bunch of my videos from last fall. Seems more like an issue with my phone. Here’s one I could get...

Actually those two are pretty impressive if just thumbnails.

I’ve never done the YouTube thing before but maybe I figured it out... let me know it this works? A couple videos from the Spartan GoCam.

I think the video is pretty good. I would be happy with that. I saw your explanation of the deer reactions to the Cam. That would really give me pause but if it doesn’t seem to be a deterrent that is good news for you. I was just curious what the boys at Trailcampro had to say about them. The reviews aren’t stellar. They did say great picture quality. I couldn’t find the actual GoCam that you said you had. There is a 4G LTE Cam but it doesn’t say GoCam. They did review the Ghost Cam which I assume isn’t the one you are talking about. The one negative I saw was the trigger speed was well below average. I use most of my cams on trails and they didn’t feel that was a good candidate for that particular set up. Do you find any issues with the trigger speed? I do like the video option a lot and that’s what made me look.

Yeah I know I have the Verizon 4G GoCams... not sure of some places call it something else? I love them. To me, the shutter speed is perfect. I would say its faster than most of my Cuddebacks or Brownings. I get a lot of deers heads on a trail just as they step into the frame. Im not a sales rep or anything for them, but I wouldnt change anything about them.

You can read my post on the Reconyx cell cams on the camera page. I’ve got 6 and just started using them a month ago or so. I also have two Spartan GoCams that I’ve had out for just under a year. I was pretty impressed with Spartan cameras and don’t have a lot of negative things to say other than activation and customer service both suck compared to Reconyx. I’ve had such good luck with my regular Reconyx non cell cameras I was chomping at the bit to get the cell cams. Outside of a few app things I’m not fond of, the Reconyx cameras are working great so far and a heck of a lot cheaper that Spartan for their plans.

I agree with Swiffy, bought my father a Spartan ATT 4G Go Cam also and trigger speed is good. Had it crossways on a trail and several deer were centered in the photo pretty well.. Also agree with Dukslayr that setup is kind of a pain. Going to hold out for a Reconyx cellular for my next one.

Outside of a few app things I’m not fond of, the Reconyx cameras are working great so far and a heck of a lot cheaper that Spartan for their plans.

Cheaper??? How much are their plans? As far as a cell cam goes I think the price of the plan is more important than the price of the camera for sure, especially is theyre both good cameras. Id maybe be interested in trying one as well....

Cheaper??? How much are their plans? As far as a cell cam goes I think the price of the plan is more important than the price of the camera for sure, especially is theyre both good cameras. Id maybe be interested in trying one as well....
5.00 a month per camera with Reconyx. You can also share additional blocks of data among your cameras, which is nice. You can’t do that with Spartan, or at least you couldn’t when I signed up last year.

Yeah I looked it up on their website... looks like its another $5 month for a 2000 picture plan. Spartan I get basically a 3 month/8000 pic plan for $12 per cam/per month. That seems like about a wash to me. Then I take into consideration that the Reconyx is at least double the cost of the Spartan. Im sure theyre good, but I dont know if thats nearly good enough to get me to stray away from Spartan... personally ive just been too happy with them.

Yeah I looked it up on their website... looks like its another $5 month for a 2000 picture plan. Spartan I get basically a 3 month/8000 pic plan for $12 per cam/per month. That seems like about a wash to me. Then I take into consideration that the Reconyx is at least double the cost of the Spartan. Im sure theyre good, but I dont know if thats nearly good enough to get me to stray away from Spartan... personally ive just been too happy with them.
If it’s not broke don’t fix it. It may be a “monthly wash” if you’re running a couple cameras, but running 6 cameras it’s nice not to have to pay a bunch extra per camera when I can share all blocks of additional data (if needed). All cameras should have shared data plans.

Yeah I agree. Theyre all good ones! Whatever fits the bill.

I bought 110 acres last year and had a mix of no cell and a spypoint evo. The spypoint lasted 8 months and then stopped working. good luck on the warranty with spypoint. I also tried the spypoint link system on a new reconyx and the link quit working in 3 days even though it said the reconyx was an approved camera.

This year wanted to cover most of the travel areas and food plots so I have 5 cuddelinks/cudde cell and personally get mixed results... It serves it's purpose with me because I'm in southwest virginia in the mountains.

I also bought a reconyx hyper cell model about 3 weeks ago because i wanted made in usa and it has a 5 year warranty plus great reviews. The price is high but the evo was $250 and didn't last 12 months so i wanted quality.

Like most on here everyone is a little different. I just wish cuddeback camera would as least assemble the product in the USA. I refuse to buy anything from china now if i can find a like product made in USA.

Now i'm finding out I don't have as many deer as i thought...lol

My Spartan has been in the woods a couple weeks now. Bought after reading this thread.

First impressions: great quality cam. Can tell
It’s much better built than the SPYPOINT micros I have.
Setup (activation) was kind of a pain in the rear. Going back and forth between the camera, app and website. Seems you can do about 65% of tasks from one of the 3 places. Some overlap but plenty of missing functions for each. Not intuitive.
Camera function setup (after camera is activated and working) Not intuitive.
Right now I’m getting nice pictures. Love that aspect. Downloaded a couple videos just to check and that is a super cool feature. Qualit is great.
Right now I’d like to figure out how to have my pictures sent in batches rather than every time a picture is taken. That would help save battery life I’m sure. Maybe I’m an idiot but I just can’t figure out how to get it to do this.
I’m running energizer lithium ion batteries and hope they give me 2-3 months. If they’ll do that then I consider them the way to go.

fwiw I can find a 12 pack of lithium ion energizers at Lowe’s for $16. Best price by far that I’ve seen.

Hope it works well for you breddick! I dont know of any way to batch photos, but ive never tried?

Ive been getting 2-3 months with alkaline batteries, Rayovac 48 pk for $8.99... I dont use the lithium until it gets below freezing regularly. Sounds like a good price at Lowes for sure, I couldnt even find them on ebay that cheap.

Hope it works well for you breddick! I dont know of any way to batch photos, but ive never tried?

Ive been getting 2-3 months with alkaline batteries, Rayovac 48 pk for $8.99... I dont use the lithium until it gets below freezing regularly. Sounds like a good price at Lowes for sure, I couldnt even find them on ebay that cheap.
Sams sells them slightly cheaper (per battery) than Lowe’s. It’s where I buy all my Lithium batteries.

My Spartan has been in the woods a couple weeks now. Bought after reading this thread.

First impressions: great quality cam. Can tell
It’s much better built than the SPYPOINT micros I have.
Setup (activation) was kind of a pain in the rear. Going back and forth between the camera, app and website. Seems you can do about 65% of tasks from one of the 3 places. Some overlap but plenty of missing functions for each. Not intuitive.
Camera function setup (after camera is activated and working) Not intuitive.
Right now I’m getting nice pictures. Love that aspect. Downloaded a couple videos just to check and that is a super cool feature. Qualit is great.
Right now I’d like to figure out how to have my pictures sent in batches rather than every time a picture is taken. That would help save battery life I’m sure. Maybe I’m an idiot but I just can’t figure out how to get it to do this.
I’m running energizer lithium ion batteries and hope they give me 2-3 months. If they’ll do that then I consider them the way to go.

fwiw I can find a 12 pack of lithium ion energizers at Lowe’s for $16. Best price by far that I’ve seen.

I checked with Spartan last week and the Gocam does not have a feature to send pictures in batches at specific times which sucks! It is available on their higher end camera, the Ghost Cam.