Badgerfowl's habitat projects

I might need to bug you for some more HGG scions next spring I dont think my graft took on that one. Your trees look great!

Sounds good, just let me know. I trimmed over 50% of that tree this spring. I also planted one on M7 from Cummins this spring so I've got a couple now to get some scions from.

image.jpg image.jpg

Not sure what's happening with this 4th leaf Liberty. Last weekend everything was fine and now it's looking like it's dying. Half the tree the blooms/leaves are browning and the other half has flowers. No insects or mice damage.

image.jpg

Cortland looks pretty good.

That's my only guess. It looked worse today when I checked on my way home.

IMG_3901.JPG

This should be a clearer picture of the Liberty. You can see some blooms look normal and the rest are shriveling up.

IMG_3912.JPG

Tip die back on Hudson's Golden Gem?

IMG_3907.JPG

Cortland w/ a Bee doing it's thing.

IMG_3918.JPG

Here's my other 4th leaf Liberty. This one seems fine. Very similar looking trees. Just starting to produce.

IMG_3938.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

Ants already finding their way up the trees.

2nd leaf Enterprise on B118. Transplanted back in April.

IMG_3952.JPG

Same tree I believe.

IMG_3954.JPG

1st leaf Liberty on B118. Will these leaves grow into a leader if I remove the flowers?

IMG_3959.JPG

1st leaf Prairie Spy on B118.

IMG_3962.JPG

Thinking about a strip of switchgrass alongside my orchard to provide a slight screen from the rest of the field.

IMG_3964.JPG

Dead stuff will get planted with a clover/rye/ghr mix at the beginning of August. Bluebird house in the background has 3-4 eggs in it.

IMG_3966.JPG

2nd leaf Dolgo on B118.

IMG_3974.JPG

Red-osier starting to bloom.

IMG_3978.JPG

First bloom on the highbush cranberry. With a better fence around it now, it might actually grow a bit.

IMG_3983.JPG

Silky's finally waking up. Planted 50 from MDC this spring.

IMG_3986.JPG

3rd leaf Sweet 16 on B118 with a few flowers this year. Trimmed quite a bit off this tree this past March.

IMG_3885.JPG