Badgerfowl's habitat projects

Sunday lunch.

I'll bring the chicken if you cook it over your pit !! :D Looks lip-smackin' Badger !!!

It was some of the juiciest chicken I've cooked. Not bad for $3. Not overcooking it likely helped.

6bdf894fb1bbc1ea1cd302ad8d222259.jpg
8b0e9bd42e2aee33d70f8d5c99da5606.jpg
0601e568e9886259137aeeab4810a615.jpg

Brassicas filled in pretty good.

Wet now with more rain expected this week. No mas.

f496793682bdfc77f350dcc90f7cae87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Lemonweir still super high? I'm assuming it is, considering in the 15 years that I have lived in LaCrosse, the Mississippi is as high as I have ever seen it this time of year.

Yea it's high. Road wasn't closed behind us but go through new Lisbon and as you're heading towards mauston on 12 that area on the way out of town is as wet as spring ever is. I had hens/chiclets in the field Saturday morning when I got there at 9. Set up another blind and was clearing some briars for another one on the field edge and had a young doe come out while I was working. Mosquitoes are ridiculous. Will be waiting for a hard freeze before I bowhunt. No bucks on cameras lately anyways. Couple dogs showed up. Too blurry to tell what. Guessing yotes.

Yeah I noticed that at the edge of NL last weekend. We were in Mauston on Saturday. The lake in Mauston is so deceiving, it is hard to tell if the water is much higher than normal.

Sorry badgerfowl but if you didn't know there is a flood watch in the area again with 2-3" predicted and amounts up to 7" possible.

yea my dad texted me the 7" possibility. Wonderful. I've got the weather channel app on my phone so I see the flood watches and stuff. Farm logs says 1" this morning.

Awesome place badgerfowl!

Sorry badgerfowl but if you didn't know there is a flood watch in the area again with 2-3" predicted and amounts up to 7" possible.

We got pretty darn close. Might get there after Sunday.

I honestly didn't think we would get more than 2" or so.

Same. 7" seemed absurd. Guess not!

Badger do you need your waders to get into the stand?

farmlogs shows 5.37 by us.

45" since January 1, 58.5% wetter than average this year. Incredible growing year. Our native warm season grasses are ridic and are going to drop an insane amount of seed this fall.

I did put them on yesterday to check on our pop up blinds to make sure they weren't underwater or blown over. If it comes up anymore knee boots may not cut it although in one spot I'm glad I had the waders on. I've seen it worse but it may not be over yet w/ rain likely on Sunday.

You guys are under a hot spot for rain, that's for sure. Hope it doesn't get too bad there. Still pretty dry here - we could use some.

More expected tomorrow but then maybe a dry week? Could definitely use it. Duck season starts the 1st. Still haven't had a frost and none in the forecast. Deer hunting will have to wait.

Just a little wet.

^^^ life in the bottoms :(