Armadillo Cabins?

He must have the smallest tractor ever made. :p

40" wouldn't fit my lawn mower. :D

He's a midget!
He keeps rakes and shovels in it!
He stretches out his hoses in it!
I have phat phhingers.

Just teasing ya. I knew what you meant.

If I could get it in without a helicopter, I'd love a 40' high cube back in the woods. I want the 20' for along the road since it's small enough not to need a permit as a permanent building and it's nearly the largest structure I can get away with on the civilized side of my swamp. I'd use it as a glorified shed, but I'd add some vents and a deck on the roof - it'd be a fun swamp stand.

Just teasing ya. I knew what you meant.

If I could get it in without a helicopter, I'd love a 40' high cube back in the woods. I want the 20' for along the road since it's small enough not to need a permit as a permanent building and it's nearly the largest structure I can get away with on the civilized side of my swamp. I'd use it as a glorified shed, but I'd add some vents and a deck on the roof - it'd be a fun swamp stand.
If you have an Air Force or Air Guard base nearby, maybe you could talk them into a wooded cargo landing exercise on your property. You could sweeten the deal by not charging them anything to do it :D.

I've had the same thoughts. :D

Maybe the Chaplain could get it done for me? I'm E-3 retired regular Army, but there's a guard base with at least some blackhawks I'm aware of.

Heck, just do it for proficiency hours.

You guys have me considering this. I think it would be neat to elevate 2 40ft units side by side on I beams. I would elevate it about 9 ft an have all that space underneath As an out of the weather hang out or maybe even frame in. Then you got all the top space too for one big ass deck an a place for some solar panels!!! Put hand rails up an done. "Sniper tower":)
It wouldn't be cheap but you would have tons of useable space Compared to typical truss roof construction. I priced 40ft units today an cheapest I found for (new)was $5500.

Don't put 'em side by side - put them parallel with space in the middle! Then put a roof over the gap and floor down the middle, and wall in the ends. :D

Yeah, I've been contemplating these a while. :)

My mind is going crazy right now thinking of all you could do with these. Wish they were a lil cheaper

Here's how much time I would like to spend building a storage shack on my property:

My tractor purchase may come a lot sooner if I get one of these to store it in.

Imagine the ROI you could get bringing a ton of these to the oil fields with each 20' as a duplex. Some of those ideas are insanely awesome

They've had them out there for a while already. On my buddy's first rotation, he lived in one.

My tractor purchase may come a lot sooner if I get one of these to store it in.

Do you think these containers are high enough for a tractor? Maybe.....with the ROPS folded. But not much additional space.

20' Container

Id
L 19' 5"
W 7' 8"
H 7'9"
the door is 7'7" x 7'6"
I'm very serious about a Kioti DK45SE HST it's under 6' wide, 8' high to the top of the rops but the rops folds down.

Last edited: