Apple Maggot Traps

2ndHand

5 year old buck +
Looking for a recommendation on where to purchase red sphere sticky traps. Thanks for your help!

I did a quick search, everyone seems to be out of those plastic ones for some reason. I've got a half dozen of some old wooden ones for monitoring (part of IPM). You need a lot of them in the orchard for them to be effective as "traps". Maybe you could just make some and buy the sticker.

I bought some wooden decorative apples last season and they were way easier to work with - I drilled a hole through vefically and ran 11ga wire through it. I found the plastic ones are a PIA I always ended up with more tanglefoot on me than the spheres- the plastic hangers pull out to way too easy and the balls split half too.

I did a quick search, everyone seems to be out of those plastic ones for some reason. I've got a half dozen of some old wooden ones for monitoring (part of IPM). You need a lot of them in the orchard for them to be effective as "traps". Maybe you could just make some and buy the sticker.

Thanks for the reply Maya! I will look for a few wood ones for monitoring.

If I understand correct, and pardon my innorance, Bluebirds love wrms & maggots.

We have put up bluebird houses around our apple trees and they have thrived.

Would love feedback if this is effective.

We put out the red balls some , on the tanglefoot put on a pair of disposable nitrile gloves , 4 to 6 mil cheap and throw . Spread to skicky on with my hands .

Can someone post a link.... I am literally clueless as to this subject?

-John