Any Furnace Guys?

I know, I know...just wanting to make sure that was it. We have a little store downtown that carries all sorts of this older stuff from HVAC parts to obscure small engine parts and hydraulic parts. I will check on my way through while running errands today. If he don't have one, maybe he knows where to source one?

I know, I know...just wanting to make sure that was it. We have a little store downtown that carries all sorts of this older stuff from HVAC parts to obscure small engine parts and hydraulic parts. I will check on my way through while running errands today. If he don't have one, maybe he knows where to source one?

Sounds like a nice thing to do! Thanks!

And yes those suppliers know every other supplier. I am waiting for 8am so I can start calling.

Here is the Control Board I need. It is, The General 90, Model 50A50-112. Find me one guys and I will put it on myself.

And it has to be that one, so all the wires match up to the slots.
Not sure if your interested in going this route MoBuck, but the White-Rodgers website lists 50A55-843 as a universal replacement for all 50A50 models and they have pretty thorough wiring diagrams to make sure your get it connected properly. It may take a bit of splicing and/or installation of a few new end connectors, but it doesn't look like it would be that tough and the replacement board is less than $100.

Not sure if your interested in going this route MoBuck, but the White-Rodgers website lists 50A55-843 as a universal replacement for all 50A50 models and they have pretty thorough wiring diagrams to make sure your get it connected properly. It may take a bit of splicing and/or installation of a few new end connectors, but it doesn't look like it would be that tough and the replacement board is less than $100.

Pretty tough to figure out which spot the wires go with a different board. I looked at that as well, but think it would be difficult to do for me.

Understood, whatever plugs into that that square 4 pin connector doesn't seem to be on any of the newer replacement boards that I have seen online, so there would be at least 4 wires that would need to be jerry-rigged for sure.

Understood, whatever plugs into that that square 4 pin connector doesn't seem to be on any of the newer replacement boards that I have seen online, so there would be at least 4 wires that would need to be jerry-rigged for sure.

Jerry and Rigg.....I no likey!;)

MoBuck, heading downtown here in a minute, I will let you know if I find anything out when I return.

Ended up getting a Honeywell S9200U control for my furnace. It looked nothing like the one I took out, but the guy said it is what will work. It came with great instructions on where to put all the wires and cost only $80 at our local hardware store. Who would think to call the fricken Hardware store for furnace parts, but the one and only......Barracuda! I told her she was wasting her time calling, of course I was wrong......as usual! Took me about 45 minutes and it has been cycling perfect for 4 hrs!

Now I can go back hunting in the morning! Yipee for me!:D

Hey MoBuck, glad you found a fix. I went down to the store that carries this stuff and he had a few controls, but nothing like what you were looking for, he didn't really have a line on anything either, said he picked up the stock he had when a HVAC repair place sold out. Tons of other crap and I talked to the old dude that owns the place for half an hour or so, knew a little bit of everything. We started talking about old ice augers and chainsaws, and this guy starts showing me repair manuals from the 60's. Now you just have to get back to MO and tag a buck! Good luck!

MBC glad you got or should I say the Barracuda got you the part to get it going.

MBC glad you got or should I say the Barracuda got you the part to get it going.

She is going to get me more than that tonight before I head to paradise farms at 4am! ;)

She is going to get me more than that tonight before I head to paradise farms at 4am! ;)
Get after it Mo! Just remember give more than you take;)

You know they say it didn't happen without pictures. But then MBC would get banned from here if those were posted. :eek:

You know they say it didn't happen without pictures. But then MBC would get banned from here if those were posted. :eek:

Oh.....it happened! It was Role play night again. That is twice in one week!:eek:

Were you the furnace repair tech or was she???
I just choked on my beercicle.....forgot to bring the case of beer in from the porch and they became a little frosty...lol.
I can just here the baracuda....."so what seems to be the problem Buckchaser?" As Buckchaser is on all fours I front of the furnace with plumber's crack showing....lol
Now I need the brain bleach! Couldn't resist though!

" That's a strange tool kit you have there, Mrs. furnace Tech. How do you use a riding crop on a furnace " :eek:

Were you the furnace repair tech or was she???

Nope, neither. We run the Cop and Hooker route on Role Play night!;)

Back in the day she used to sit and the local watering hole and wait for me to pick her up, but I kept going to a different bar by accident looking for one of her GF's by accident!;)

But she caught on!