A Good One In The Making

davidhelmly

5 year old buck +
I was just admiring Native Hunters bucks and thought I would post up one of our better bucks so far this year. I don’t think I have any history with this buck unless he just really made some changes from last year. He has been around all spring and was ahead of most of the bucks early on and is looking better every week. I know he may vanish when the velvet comes off and the feeders shut down but I’ll still be excited sitting in the stand and wondered if he may come back for a visit today...

Geez that’s a hammer. As a Georgia resident I’m continually impressed with what has happened in my 25 years of hunting here. The transformation is a true testament to management from an individual and state level.

Wow - he is a dandy!!!!

Wow - he is a dandy!!!!
Geez that’s a hammer. As a Georgia resident I’m continually impressed with what has happened in my 25 years of hunting here. The transformation is a true testament to management from an individual and state level.

Thanks guys, he is definitely above average for our area.
I agree dawgs, Georgia's deer herd has come a long way of late and luckily we are mostly surrounded by properties that manage the deer to some degree.

Needs one more year. LOL. Someone had to say it. That is a great buck anywhere. Good luck getting him this fall.

He’s above average for most areas...

Love those tall racks.

Shooter Mcgavin!!

Wowser!!! Good luck with him this fall! I'd take him any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He's no Mickey! Good luck!

Beauty! But why do you shut down your feeders?

Beauty! But why do you shut down your feeders?
Thanks. Shooting a deer with his head in a pile of feed just isn’t my thing, even though it’s legal in GA now it’s not legal per our club rules. Its purely a personal preference.

Me either, it's about more than just the kill for me. Good luck with him David, very nice looking animal.

Me either, it's about more than just the kill for me. Good luck with him David, very nice looking animal.

Thanks don.

Reactions: don
Awesome buck David. Good luck with him this fall. Do you hunt archery so you can get after him in a few weeks?

Th
Awesome buck David. Good luck with him this fall. Do you hunt archery so you can get after him in a few weeks?
Thanks pnulty, yes sir we will be looking for him in a few weeks!