204 or 223?

^^^^^^^^
You know, like an AR.

A decent .223 bolt action is a very useful tool. And, it won’t go “sproing” in your ear every time you pull the trigger. It also won’t feel as if assembled by a plumber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love an AR but damn I sure hate the sproing!!! I grew up with .22s, SKS's, and Super black eagles. The first time I shot an AR I handed it back because I thought it was broken.

I’ve been thinking about trying to swap the raffle gun for a .223 bolt. Then I realize I have a decent stainless Ruger .243. Lots of overlap there. Maybe I’ll try and swap it for a decent scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told optics should cost more than the gun, and both should shoot better than the guy pulling the trigger. Don't sound like you want the shotgun much... go for it.

A decent .223 bolt action is a very useful tool. And, it won’t go “sproing” in your ear every time you pull the trigger. It also won’t feel as if assembled by a plumber.

I just sent a tack driving 20" heavy barrel 1/8 twist AR upper down the road this weekend because I just like shooting bolt guns so much better in a precision rifle application. Trigger break, recoil impulse and noise. An accurate 223 bolt gun with a suppressor is such a joy to shoot comparatively. You can put a suppressor on an AR but the action is still loud as hell.

I'm thinning out the safe this winter. Need less stuff I don't shoot and one or 2 more that are exactly what I want.

Ive been moving, selling and trading my guns lately too. I have so many I dont shoot that just take up space. Just getting a few I want and/or will use!

I've got a CZ 527 carbine in .223 and its a tack driver. I just went to look it up on line and it seems they discontinued it. To bad, its a good gun.

I have a 527 in .17 hornet. I love it. The trigger is amazing and it’s just a joy to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just sent a tack driving 20" heavy barrel 1/8 twist AR upper down the road this weekend because I just like shooting bolt guns so much better in a precision rifle application. Trigger break, recoil impulse and noise. An accurate 223 bolt gun with a suppressor is such a joy to shoot comparatively. You can put a suppressor on an AR but the action is still loud as hell.

I'm thinning out the safe this winter. Need less stuff I don't shoot and one or 2 more that are exactly what I want.
This^. I've realized I will probably never shoot most of the guns if I can't shoot them suppressed. Bunch of stuff will be going down the road soon.