10X16 log park type shelter

Bringing power in, no longer will be off the grid. Pulled permit, installed meter base load center combo all fed underground. Bringing it close to 1/2 mile, all buried. The local utility district is paid in full. Almost 30K, now the contractor who plows it under inside 3" conduit on a large roll. Uses a tractor, roll on the back, vibrating spike in the front. 700 to move his gear in place and 1.75 per foot to plow it in.

Labor and Industries signed off on my meter base install, I dug a 3 foot trench from meter base location to where transformer will be (only about 10 feet away)

Already buried feeder wire to cabin from panel inside 1" gray conduit but ends not trimmed out. Power should be in within 2 weeks of this posting.

Already bought the fridge, 4.5 CF Magic Chef, also installed new cooktop stove/oven with chatter about banning gas stoves, I just pulled the trigger.
Pilot Rock park style BBQ pit going in near shelter, added horseshoe pit, lane still needs grooming, but the basics are on. Magnetic scoreboard for hose shoes installed.
Installed new sign "Ride for the Brand", A quote I heard and liked. This was from Harriet Hagamans campaign to defeat Liz Cheney in Wyoming. A successful bid I might add.

Attachments

• meterbase2.jpg
    meterbase2.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 19
  • horseshoepit1.jpg
    horseshoepit1.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 16
  • fridge.png
    fridge.png
    313.8 KB · Views: 18
  • BBQgrilleunit_parkstyle.jpg
    BBQgrilleunit_parkstyle.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 16
  • BBQgrille_parkstyle.jpg
    BBQgrille_parkstyle.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 17
  • jackhammer.jpg
    jackhammer.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 17
  • trenchingin.jpg
    trenchingin.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 17
  • meterbasewithriser.jpg
    meterbasewithriser.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 16
  • strutbar.jpg
    strutbar.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 13
  • meterbaseduplexGFCI20A.jpg
    meterbaseduplexGFCI20A.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Few more, limited to 10. I may go back in Sept to hook up to grid, otherwise, spring thaw in April.

Attachments

• meterbasewithriser.jpg
    meterbasewithriser.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 15
  • rideforthebrand.jpg
    rideforthebrand.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 15
  • rftbsignage.jpg
    rftbsignage.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 16
  • signage1.jpg
    signage1.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 15
  • newoven.jpg
    newoven.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 15
  • horseshoerulesandscorecard.jpg
    horseshoerulesandscorecard.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Oh, a couple of antique items I found in my constant search for any Park Service or USFS

The brass plaque is picture from seller, it is installed over my cabin door, but be darned if I can find where the picture is.

Uniform is an official USNPS unit with the felt hat. It includes the pants also, they are hanging on the hanger under the coat.

Attachments

• USNPS_ranger_uniform.jpg
    USNPS_ranger_uniform.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Just got power brought in no longer off the grid. Cabin is not connected yet, just meterbase and a single duplex 20A outlet. All buried about 2200 feet cost was $35K. big plans in spring, power up cabin (wire already buried right to meter base) got new fridge, its going to be nice.
Running a 50/30/20A RV power box to one of the campsites punching in a camp host sight who will also have power. Lot more pictures will come in spring. Now, we have almost a foot of snow on the ground

Just curious. and it might not even matter, but I am curious for my own sake in case i do something similar. Are those electric costs recouped if you sell?

Just curious. and it might not even matter, but I am curious for my own sake in case i do something similar. Are those electric costs recouped if you sell?
Yes, the value went up that amount. I do have a well on the property, it has everything to build and insure a home on, legally.
No one will insure it unless you are hooked to power. So now its a suitable building lot.