1 point hitch

Bill Loser

5 year old buck +
The plan was to have a tractor by now. That didn't happen. Now I have planting/ prep work to be done and I am looking at 1 point hook ups for the atv. Anyone have experience with them and/or what is suggested?

The plan was to have a tractor by now. That didn't happen. Now I have planting/ prep work to be done and I am looking at 1 point hook ups for the atv. Anyone have experience with them and/or what is suggested?
I used the Firminator atv model before I got my tractor. Worked great.

Bill,

what atv do you have? Tire condition? What work you need to do? How tough is your soil?

If I could only have 1 thing, it would be a tarter flip disc harrow. I done very well with old school spring harrows. Other members have done well with those chain stype drag harrows.

One great way to use a tractor on the cheap is to have the implements you need, and rent the tractor.

Ive seen those attachments. Coworker had one, broke his real axle with the box scrapper. I'd go for the s-tine harrows, york rake, and maybe the disc harrows. Harrows clog up easily in thick stuff. A good cultipacker will be too heavy for that thing.

I'm likely an atv guy from here on. I use an enclosed trailer as a cabin. Got spring harrow, york rake, roller, cultipacker, gandy 3ft drop spreder, disc cultivator I made is torn apart for my firminator styled build. 4 or 5 danish s-tines would be great, think its the best part of that atv lift hitch thing. Almost bought it just for that.