Welcome QDMA forum users and an announcement

info control is a powerful tool, when you control the media outlet. If it is all going to be deleted anyway, not sure why they'd feel the need to poke disgruntled users in the eye one more time on the way out. This entire event should be used in Business 101 courses on the worst possible way to handle a situation. I mean, for God's sake, I get why they want those messages gone, but a statement up front saying it wouldn't be tolerated and locking/deleting posts from the beginning would have even been a better move. It's like watching REALLY bad slapstick

Couldn't stand to look themselves in the mirror with all the truth being told? Likely not though, they are far to arrogant to let that bother them, they likely just didn't want any new site traffic to step right into a "bash the organization" thread that was stickied to the top of the General Discussions forum.

Last edited:
I decided to make an "announcement" of my own. Originally posted on FB......
View attachment 9488

If they had Tapatalk on the q site, I would post that pic for my last kick at the cat and the kool-aid drinkers.

Looks like I have been "banned" from further posting on the QDMA site(not that I care). My name still says "Guest", but apparently I am an unwanted guest now..................anyone else????

My guess is all posting is now shut down.

What can you say! SMH

Also from qdma.
i see you are from Northern NJ and Catskills, NY. I'm in NE PA, my wife is from Sussex County NJ, and her family has a small cabin up in the Northern Catskills, not far from Middleburgh.

i see you are from Northern NJ and Catskills, NY. I'm in NE PA, my wife is from Sussex County NJ, and her family has a small cabin up in the Northern Catskills, not far from Middleburgh.
Not far from Sussex. My wife actually works in Hardyston . Our Cabin is southern Catskill near Downsville / off the pepacton

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not far from Sussex. My wife actually works in Hardyston . Our Cabin is southern Catskill near Downsville / off the pepacton

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
very cool! my wife lived in Hopatcong and some of her family is Franklin and Jefferson.

Another refugee from QDMA....I'm out. I sent Brian this letter. No response:

Brian,

By way of introduction I am Rusty Baker from Pineville ,La. I have been a member of QDMA since its earliest days and have actively raised thousands of dollars for your organization by auctioning deer hunts on my property. Years back I was active with our local chapter which had some of the most successful fund raising banquets in QDMA history. I am writing to tell you that I will no longer continue my membership with QDMA.

There are several reasons why. The most recent is the decision to discontinue the forums feature on your website. There is an old saying : It’s not what you do but how you do it that matters. While in my opinion it is a questionable business decision far more important is how poorly it is being handled. Minimal notice, no explanations, destroying years of effort from people who passionately contributed their time and experience believing in the QDMA cause, and a rather cavalier attitude about it all has created tremendous ill will. Very poor execution from a professional organization. Not something I choose to be a part of.

The forum was my last interest in QDMA. My dissatisfaction began years earlier. I had hoped that QDMA would be the voice for all factions of the wonderful world of deer. That QDMA would be the leader in bringing all aspects of the deer community together thru unbiased education and leadership. Instead I perceive the results to be divisive, polarizing, and incomplete. The opportunity has been there and squandered by choosing sides, alienating factions, segregating, and not supporting the totality of the whitetail world.

I’ll give a couple of examples. It is my appreciation that QDMA has been fully opposed to the deer breeding industry. I am not a deer breeder and in fact don’t find it interesting. However QDMA has awarded it’s very highest honors on one of the pioneers of the deer breeding industry and in fact frequently quotes knowledge gained from his work. That is Dr. Harry Jacobson formerly of Ms. State and now a private consultant. This is an appropriate acknowledgement to one of the best researchers in the business and a wonderful man I hold in the highest regard. By any definition Dr. Jacobson ran one of the most well known breeding operations ever and in fact seeded many start up breeding operations with deer from the colleges pens as well as provided quality guidance. Much valuable research spawned from his work. The QDMA position seems contradictory here and while you had a wonderful opportunity to educate, and create understanding about what deer pens are , what they aren’t and how much good has come from them the decision was made otherwise. As a result there is much misunderstanding, strong emotional biases and polarization with very weak science as a backdrop for justification of your position.

Another example is game fences. QDMA has done nothing to educate the public about what game fences are, what they are not, the risks involved, as well as the opportunities. A wasted opportunity curious considering you association with Al Brothers. The first game fence I ever saw in the 70’s was on property managed by Al Brothers in Tx. in fact I would consider him to be one of the earliest U.S. pioneers understanding the value of game fencing. Game fencing is very polarizing in the hunting community yet QDMA has done nothing to address it through education. Odd since your highest Awards carry the name of Al Brothers…a man I have great respect for. Another wasted opportunity allowing dissension in our community.

I could go on but I see no value to furthering the rant. I am disappointed. I had such high hopes but frankly I think QDMA has not only fallen far short of its noble mission but now is doing as much harm to the image as good.

Sincerely

You know I just may find time for that if it happens ;). I had "resigned" from the QDMA league this season after playing for 3-4 years.
Heck fire Bue: I was hoping for a year of rest; welcome to change of heart !!

Thanks fellas.....I tried to herd the others this way before I left. Maybe more will show up. I know several are not getting the e-mail confirmation.
Hey commish: big L now registered thanks to ur guidance; I know the basic reason is so y'all can laugh hysterically again this yr watching my bust & injury ridden roster demise down the toilet... Lmbo

I rejected QDMA when they refused my money (& I mean $$$), knowledge & time.
Arrogant group of narcissists.
As Barracuda Sniper of H2O Whitetails,
I'm a Candidate to graduate with Whitetail Slam 'diploma' this November, 2016...

I rejected QDMA when they refused my money (& I mean $$$), knowledge & time.
Arrogant group of narcissists.
As Barracuda Sniper of H2O Whitetails,
I'm a Candidate to graduate with Whitetail Slam 'diploma' this November, 2016...
That will be $1 :cool:

In the last day or so, I have migrated over to this site from the other site. I enjoyed the members, input and sharing of information there. I see Paul Knox's / Lickcreek / Doubletree's threads are on here as well. I've learned so much from reading and following these posts. To all that have migrated, let's continue moving forward and helping one another. Thanks and let's get busy with our fall plots.

Thanks Bill!

Long....time lurker here but never signed up. Seen the stuff on qdma and had to make the jump.
Watch yourself, I know who you are and where you live........LOL

Glad to be here .....Qdma folk were great hope they all show up here .....thanks for the welcome