All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

I am 20 years out from being able to withdraw from my 401k so I am just sitting tight. I am also a low cost index fund kind of person. It will be telling to see how much the fed raise the interest rates. I don't think the fed have the stomach to handle too large of a rate raise. I personally like high interest rates cause I treat debt like slavery. It's sad that our whole currency is dependent on debt.

Last edited:
Concentration builds wealth.

Diversification preserves it.

I kinda think of it in football terms……….a prevent defense can often prevent you from winning.

so I try to diversify out side of the market, I.e. real estate, property improvements, collectibles, etc.

a cattle trader told me years ago

” You don’t make money when you sell cattle……you made it when you bought them.”
Concentration builds or destroys wealth quickly. Diversification builds wealth slowly.

Commercial Real estate market collapse on the horizon any bankers in the group that can confirm there institutions are holding back on commercial foreclosures?

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/n...-foreclosures-appears-building-093006694.html
Hmm, the author said it's about time to sell stocks and buy gold and silver. I wonder if he's right or wrong.

Hmm, the author said it's about time to sell stocks and buy gold and silver. I wonder if he's right or wrong.
No idea that’s why I was asking if anyone in the banking industry could confirm any of it.

There were a lot of people that did that back in 2008. They pretty much threw away their life savings by selling their funds when they were halved, and bought silver when it was twice as high as it is now. Not the path I'd choose.

That being said, I do think this time is different. I don't think we can print/inflate our way out of this one. To think we can bite off a new 20 year war and 80 year occupation and not obliterate our economy in the process, is lunacy. We would need to print lot more money at a time when inflation is already going bat $h*t crazy. It'd collapse our economy, and we'd be forced to do a reset, a great one. About the time the smoke stops rising from our ashes, we'd wake up and realize we still need to deal with china, but we no longer have any ability to defend ourselves.

I bought some gold and silver in the past 2 months…Not that much . I don’t think I’d ever go all in on precious metals. At the most 5% of the portfolio.

Like I say

These times give me marlinitis!

Yes! You got it. He is either right or wrong :emoji_smile:

So what’s gonna happen if rootin tootin Putin just takes the land that the rebels already control?

poor ol Joe looks so lost in his interview………..I feel empathy for the President, I don’t understand why he took this task on, he looks so tired.

Getting excited for RGR s earnings, I have heard great things about the new line of Marlins!

I wonder what will happen when more states let straight wall cases be legal in lieu of slugs. I can’t imagine the margins on selling shot gun slugs.

Is anyone dumping stock, and preparing for a market crash? Our invester today emailed us to ask if we want to move stuff to a safer group, or ride out the storm. I didnt know what to say to her.
So, your advisor is asking you what she should do?

I am taking your advice on the Pfizer.

seems the advances on value are directly correlated to the pandemic ………

which as appears to us country boys not that big a deal.

I am very tech heavy. I think this meta and VR is gonna be so addicting that people literally throw their entire life savings at it.. I mean look what video games has done to so many. They are gonna make this so real that every day life aka real world experience is uninteresting… Sad… they will milk the sheep in our society dry.
Also 10% of my portfolio is in Tesla.
Elon is the biggest innovator of my life time. An I like his politics

I own meta via mutual funds. I won’t own the stock myself

when Tesla added shares and Elon said “ meh 5 billion is a just a scribble” on the ledger.

I sold .

i have a question:

At what percent short of a stock is alarming? Or what percent of a stock is shorted normal?

Last edited:
I am taking your advice on the Pfizer.

seems the advances on value are directly correlated to the pandemic ………

which as appears to us country boys not that big a deal.

I'm not an individual stock guy any more, but I wonder if you are not selling the endemic short. The Pfizer COVID jab seems to be the near perfect drug to me.

- Low cost/risk R&D for development with tax payer support
- World-wide user base is ever growing as kid approval is on the horizon in the US.
- Mandated shots for many
- Lower cost production with M-RNA where no pesky chickens are required and production is much faster
- As the pandemic evolves into a endemic over time, I would expect a yearly shot for many years like the flu shot.
- Only one viable competitor shot in the developed world.

Whether or not this is all priced in is certainly an open question, but for not a big deal, I expect this to make pharma more $ than most drugs.

I'm not an individual stock guy any more, but I wonder if you are not selling the endemic short. The Pfizer COVID jab seems to be the near perfect drug to me.

- Low cost/risk R&D for development with tax payer support
- World-wide user base is ever growing as kid approval is on the horizon in the US.
- Mandated shots for many
- Lower cost production with M-RNA where no pesky chickens are required and production is much faster
- As the pandemic evolves into a endemic over time, I would expect a yearly shot for many years like the flu shot.
- Only one viable competitor shot in the developed world.

Whether or not this is all priced in is certainly an open question, but for not a big deal, I expect this to make pharma more $ than most drugs.
Perfect until it starts killing and disabling people , then the attorneys want their share of the profits!

Perfect until it starts killing and disabling people , then the attorneys want their share of the profits!
Similar or less risk than with any drug or vaccine. Probably somewhat less risk than traditional vaccines. Certainly hugely less risk than the virus itself.

Similar or less risk than with any drug or vaccine. Probably somewhat less risk than traditional vaccines. Certainly hugely less risk than the virus itself.

I strongly disagree on that. Soccer players, basketball players dropping dead, why??…they had literally zero chance that the virus would kill them .,

I strongly disagree on that. Soccer players, basketball players dropping dead, why??…they had literally zero chance that the virus would kill them .,
You might disagree, but the available science doesn't. Every drug gets some level of nuisance suits that they swat like flies. When the risk from the virus is demonstrably significantly higher than any possible risk from the vaccine, and the jab was mandated by the US government, it is going to be very difficult to find liability with the company. Other than the self-licking ice cream cone of the internet social media gossip, the percentage of any significant adverse reactions to the vaccine is very low and severe issues are much lower.

If you think 150+ athletes, including 100 FIFA soccer players suddenly dying is low.., then I we are on a separate wave length.

My Mother in law developed myocarditis after the shot . Which is listed as a possible side affect. It’s a coming. In 2024 the lawsuits will start.