All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

Heading out in the morning. Forecast says 6 above and minimal wind. Hand-warmers will be in full force

Chuck

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No sign of her on the far side of the river. Very disappointing to have one get away.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Post 1603 check out my brothers deer. I think they get flesh wounds all the time. My #1 hit list deer this year came home last year with a hole below the spine and above the boiler room. He's doing fine. Because I can't find him :(

One last hunt in the morning, then it's back to work. :( Been at the farm since the 24th, passed some good ones but no horns on the ground. Going to be cold in the morning.

Coldest morning yet!

-3 when I left the truck. Brrrrrr. 2 does a spike and a fork so far. The little bicks wont leave me alone

Chuck

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Family business this A.M. so no hunting maybe not at all today, good luck to all who's out there. 12 degrees here this morning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cant catch a break this year it feels.
CV axil on the hunting rig broke, so had to take the spare on a moments notice, which smells like a greasy work truck.

It was a fun sit none the less. Saw 8 deer, 4 different bucks, 1 borderline shooter, 1 I was praying would follow a doe up to the plot, but never left the tall grass. Guessing they r on lockdown. 1 buck I swear covered the qrt. twice in his search for does.

All night I had one doe trying to ruin the evening. Stood around for an hour looking in my general direction trying to figure me out.

Coldest day of the year so far had deer up on their feet.

Attachments

• IMG_0256[1].JPG
    IMG_0256[1].JPG
    379.4 KB · Views: 16
Cant catch a break this year it feels.
CV axil on the hunting rig broke, so had to take the spare on a moments notice, which smells like a greasy work truck.

That stinks.

Was looking forward to sitting today even tho it was going to be cold. I was finally seeing indications that the rut was gaining speed at my place and with the snow and wind gone it could have popped today in my final chance to bow hunt till after gun season. But I got a phone call from my wife at 1 am. My son was throwing up and I had to come home so she could go to work in the morning. So I packed up and was pulling into my driveway at 330. Good luck to everyone out hunting today. Stick a big one for me.

This button buck won't leave me alone

Mom must be otherwise occupied :emoji_thinking:

IMG_2083.PNG

Last edited:
Lone spiker just fed on rye plot for 10 minutes then entered bedding area :emoji_unamused:

I got a phone call from my wife at 1 am. My son was throwing up and I had to come home so she could go to work in the morning. So I packed up and was pulling into my driveway at 330. Good luck to everyone out hunting today

Sorry to hear that Peeps. If it makes it any better you're in a warmer place.

Lone spiker just fed on rye plot for 10 minutes then entered bedding area :emoji_unamused:
He just crossed back over the plot while I was peeing off my stand. I think he is looking for a lady now :emoji_heart_eyes:

Sorry to hear that Peeps. If it makes it any better you're in a warmer place.

That I am. I’m sitting in a chair with one of my 80 lb “lap dogs” snuggled in on my lap. I wanna get up to do some chores but he is asleep and snoring like crazy.

That I am. I’m sitting in a chair with one of my 80 lb “lap dogs” snuggled in on my lap. I wanna get up to do some chores but he is asleep and snoring like crazy.

whats the saying, let sleeping dogs lie.

I think id join him for a few quick zzz myself

A bald eagle just flew right overhead barely above the tree canopy. Hopefully a sign of good luck.