Live from the stand thread

47 degrees SW winds. It's like a summer day.

Typical rifle season. Got a guy hunting a grass field next door. Sitting in the grass facing my timber hoping something jumps the fence.

Pretty spot to sit
Thanks Bill. There's a good rub line here so I'm hopeful. Good luck tonight too.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Ok so yes I'm bored and this guy keeps disturbing me. When he past me this I did a snort wheeze. He jumped a foot in the air :).

Then walked off blowing.

IMG_2099.PNG

Perfect conditions this afternoon ... 30 deg F, s winds at 5-6 mph, was able to sit in my best stand on the edge of the marsh. Saw 5 does in 3 hours they were so skitish ... nervous, blowing at nothing, not one buck, snort or any rut activity.

Lock down sucks, best period of hunting is Oct 28 - Nov 6 ... after that ... zero time ...

Chuck had to go to work today and I had to run home last night to help with a few things. I got back later this morning than I'd hoped so I planted 8 apple trees Chuck grew over the summer in bags.
A quick wholesome lunch of jalapeño cheetos, summer sausage, crackers, and an oatmeal cream pie and I'm back in the stand for this evening!
89d66fd3e288b04c38699842e2c18a36.jpg

Overcast and drizzly here. I've been hunting road hunters all day. Just parking in different places and following slow trucks. No law says I can't follow guys dressed in orange driving around my place slow..

One guy was obviously disappointed that I was sitting at the entrance to a dead end road. He turned around and hasn't been back. Hopefully the bulk of them have to be back at work tomorrow.

Chuck had to go to work today and I had to run home last night to help with a few things. I got back later this morning than I'd hoped so I planted 8 apple trees Chuck grew over the summer in bags.
A quick wholesome lunch of jalapeño cheetos, summer sausage, crackers, and an oatmeal cream pie and I'm back in the stand for this evening!
89d66fd3e288b04c38699842e2c18a36.jpg

That lunch would give me a gut ache for a week! Nice job on the apples.

Tuff finish to 2017 Rut,

Got in three sits over the weekend. Had a fun ground blind first sit hunt on the edge of the corn food plot. Had multiple deer come by within spitting distance. Couple times a doe would blow past, grab the bow to be ready an within 20 seconds the buck would fly by hot on her heels.
Just not the deer I was hoping to run past.

Then things went down hill in a hurry, Sun morning in the tree, 4 does, all well out of range.
Sun evening, beautiful weather, 38 degree, sun shining dropping temps, 5-8mph wind. First sit of the season in that stand. 1 doe a long ways off in the grass, then the only buck, a spike walks directly where I didn't want or plan for him to come from.

It has just been that kind of year.
Deer coming from areas an directions they shouldn't. Guess they didn't read the script. Ha

Rifle opens here next weekend an that means the quick death of most deer movement in my neighborhood.
From here on, does r no longer safe. Have to fill the freezer at some point.
Cant eat horns.

Attachments

• IMG_0257[1].JPG
    IMG_0257[1].JPG
    489.6 KB · Views: 22
7MM Rem Mag so I went for big views today. Had does and small bucks feeding all morning.

Hard stand to hunt. You have to watch 360 degrees and they slip by quick.

IMG_2110.PNG IMG_2111.PNG IMG_2112.PNG IMG_2114.PNG

Our rifle season starts Wed, still stick and string for another day. Weather report for the first couple days of rifle season 40 and rain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice surprise on the way in. Haven't went by here since early sept. After like 5 tries I actually grew turnips.

Their targeting the radish greens though.

IMG_2118.PNG IMG_2119.PNG

Tuff finish to 2017 Rut,

Got in three sits over the weekend. Had a fun ground blind first sit hunt on the edge of the corn food plot. Had multiple deer come by within spitting distance. Couple times a doe would blow past, grab the bow to be ready an within 20 seconds the buck would fly by hot on her heels.
Just not the deer I was hoping to run past.

Then things went down hill in a hurry, Sun morning in the tree, 4 does, all well out of range.
Sun evening, beautiful weather, 38 degree, sun shining dropping temps, 5-8mph wind. First sit of the season in that stand. 1 doe a long ways off in the grass, then the only buck, a spike walks directly where I didn't want or plan for him to come from.

It has just been that kind of year.
Deer coming from areas an directions they shouldn't. Guess they didn't read the script. Ha

Rifle opens here next weekend an that means the quick death of most deer movement in my neighborhood.
From here on, does r no longer safe. Have to fill the freezer at some point.
Cant eat horns.

This has kindof been the same for me. Deer coming from all directions except for where they have in the past. I have had great success over the years rattling on this property and this season I havent been able to rattle in anything.

I had my target buck come behind me at about 35 yards and couldn't get a shot. An hour or 2 later a nice 9 walked right under me. I should have shot him but i didn't feel like dealing with it and I'm still hoping the one that got away from me last year will make an appearance. I'm going to be sitting down wind of a doe bedding area in the morning so maybe the ten will be back.

Just had a dandy with a doe come by. Chip shot but I figured I'd give him a pass.

I'll post bad video later :)

I'm going to be sitting down wind of a doe bedding area in the morning so maybe the ten will be back.

He's on his feet in daylight hours. That's a big plus.

not much for movement this morning.

A very wet and damp rifle opner here, supposed to ran most of the day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk