Live from the stand thread

I pulled my back somehow climbing in a box stand and layed on the floor for an hour. Managed to get down and home with an hour of light left.:emoji_rage:

You know I did the same thing climbing into my stand with the rifle on opening morning! I always pull my bow up with a rope. However, had the rifle on a sling over my shoulder (unloaded of course) as I went up the ladder. I have tweaked my back on ocassion as a result of some minimal stuff over the last few years. Hopefully the back is doing better for you.

Hopefully the back is doing better for you.

Advil and heat still but it's getting there. Hopefully I can get on stand with my son in the AM. If not he can fly solo.

4 bucks and 4 does so far. About average for number of shots heard. Neighbor shot twice so I'm hoping his granddaughter got one! :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Raining sideways here with falling temps. 0 deer but hopefully once it breaks their cold and get on their feet.

Nothing yet by me. Only one close shot and not many shots heard overall so far.

Neighbors have shot a couple times already. I watched a sand county spike feed in my plot for 15 minutes and then head into my sanctuary. Also saw a doe head into there.

Seen 1 so far son has seen 6 including a small fork

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Saw a decent 8 dogging a doe. He went through 4 shooting lanes and was within 25 yards. Why can't it always be like that?

Going to be living vicariously through this thread for a while. In addition to self-imposed pause after harvesting earlier this week, got my 89 year old father and 80 year old mom visiting for Thanksgiving and nothing more valuable than spending time with them while I can. May sneak out late a couple of nights and see if I can trap a couple of hogs though. Wishing luck to all of y'all spending time in the stand. Excited to see some nice ones posted up!

I just heard a string of about 30 shots from an automatic rifle :emoji_astonished:

Very quiet here. Not a lot of shooting at all

Chuck

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just heard a string of about 30 shots from an automatic rifle :emoji_astonished:

Some question if a .223 works for deer hunting. Most agree it will with a well placed shot. Others subscribe to the theory of pump it full of as many holes as you can as fast as you can.

Yikes I heard that the other day in the distance. But it went on and on. Finally figured someone saw a need to burn up some cash fast.

Ended up seeing 8 bald ones and three small bucks dogging them once the rain quit this morning.

In a new spot for the PM hunt. Fingers crossed.

Day #3 of our rifle hunt. Time to separate the men from the boys. 90% of the hunters won't hunt again until Thanksgiving if it all. I've done well Monday-Tuesday in years past.
IMG_20171120_064258.jpg

Day #3 of our rifle hunt. Time to separate the men from the boys. 90% of the hunters won't hunt again until Thanksgiving if it all. I've done well Monday-Tuesday in years past.
View attachment 15765

f2a1a659841e83d3f4ad148b2f40c987.jpg

I too have had good luck Monday through Wednesday, hoping for some of that luck this morning. We have a couple hanging so far, but nothing to write home about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to work today and my son had to get back to school for a big test. Good luck out there. We will be back out tomorrow with the big winds.

Chuck

Day #3 of our rifle hunt. Time to separate the men from the boys.

I'm on day 18 and 9 days into rifle. I've missed sits but not days. All though at this point I'm just moral support for my son.

Who just texted me that a Toad ran by him flat out. I'd be with him but the wind isn't the best and we figured 1 human scent waffer in the stand was better than 2.

But like the guys on the wind thread say. You can't always count on the wind. Which is why he's there. Good spot and deer come from any direction.

Late "live from the window" update from not-so-sunny Florida... correction, actually is sunny but fairly cold... our very first morning with a bit of frost on the ground.

Cold drove "Irma" to be the first adult buck willing to brave entry into my hog-trap for a bite or two of corn.

Bill, if you see this, few days ago I mentioned that older bucks here do swell-up a bit during rut. As our deer go, Irma's pretty darn swole-up! :emoji_muscle::emoji_slight_smile: If not for the vertically challenged brow tines and short crab pincer G4s I think I would have broken out the window this morning to get a shot at him. :emoji_wink:

IMG_5607.JPG