Live from the stand thread

Beans and a little clover in front 100 acres of refuge to the right (north). Wind blowing from right to left to the road wind north at 10 50 deg .
da644aa03ad0f0240013612e57136f8e.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/6908af40acac89de71975fc9280d9c8e.jpg
Cocked locked and ready to rock
a7c2369e57324e991dedb32db9c912ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Big goose egg first one of the year

There with does here now. Kicked up a buck and single doe walking out this AM. Bedded in a hedge row.

Watched a good 10 slowly follow a doe in the timber this afternoon. Grunts, rattles, screaming, jumping up and down and he wasn't leaving her.

Brother put the smack down on our #1 main frame 8. Came out of the Bed and Breakfast with a doe and wouldn't leave her side.

(I take partial credit for all deer taken on the farm) so I'm happy..

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.png

Last edited:
Congrats to your brother Bill!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Good for your brother.
That wound makes me wonder how many close calls some bucks have had. I always wonder during firearms season what percentage of shots that I hear actually result in a dead deer.

20's guys really....:emoji_unamused:
forecast says it's going to be about 10 friday morning which is my next chance to get out....i may have to sleep in :emoji_sleeping:

38 here this morning n wind 8-10. On the my personal farm in the thick of it. Been a decent morning so far 3 bucks and 3 does. Had a 7pt that I was on the fence about shooting based on trail can photos com to the base of my tree following a snort wheeze and grunt. He got a pass he goes by dad later this afternoon he will be in trouble. That scrape didn't look like that last Friday
0f9029b6dc49553912b3b72e5877a1ba.jpg
01aebf676eadc5f99ef4e8c7d3a835bd.jpg
9443c36c8a9023f25bb4743a84dbdf26.jpg

Two little bucks so far.

20's guys really....:emoji_unamused:
forecast says it's going to be about 10 friday morning which is my next chance to get out....i may have to sleep in :emoji_sleeping:

Suns up, now I'm hot. It must be 35.
I like theses fast warming mornings. Thermals are going up and so my stink.

Two little bucks so far.

Suns up, now I'm hot. It must be 35.
I like theses fast warming mornings. Thermals are going up and so my stink.
Ain't a deer in the woods that could smell you the first two hours this morning. Milkweed testers were headed straight for the canopy.

A10F7211-4947-49DD-AECA-CD17C05DF60B.jpeg Back at it till Friday evening. From what I saw last weekend and talking to neighbors it is still coming up here. Tomorrow supposed to be 20-30 mph winds so that won’t be fun but still better than working.

Back at it till Friday evening. From what I saw last weekend and talking to neighbors it is still coming up here. Tomorrow supposed to be 20-30 mph winds so that won’t be fun but still better than working.
Live from my desk...I've got a cell camera in my sanctuary. Bucks starting showing up a week or two ago and now the last two mornings I have what appear to be doe running past the camera. I'm thinking the chase is on right now by me.

Well, close but no cigar this go round.
3 days of some pretty intense spot an stalk hunting.
Was within 45 of a true 170-80 mule deer, but he was accompanied by 11 doe, which 1 got a little to curious about the moving bush an came to investigate.
Had a few other solid opportunities an was only a sec or 2 away from getting the shot off on a couple occasions.
Passed on more than a handful of little guys after getting a firsthand close up of what they can be.
Definitely a fun change of pace.

See a decent number of good bucks have hit the ground, hope I didn't miss out on the best action back at the farm

Attachments

• DSCN1128.JPG
    DSCN1128.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN1129.JPG
    DSCN1129.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1130.JPG
    DSCN1130.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1131.JPG
    DSCN1131.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 23
Definitely a fun change of pace.

Beautiful country

Ain't a deer in the woods that could smell you the first two hours this morning. Milkweed testers were headed straight for the canopy.

Now it's working in reverse. :(. Cooling fast.

Never saw a deer tonight.:emoji_disappointed: One last sit tomorrow night then I will yield to the orange army.

Never saw a deer tonight.:emoji_disappointed: One last sit tomorrow night then I will yield to the orange army.

Me too, didn't see a deer until after legal shooting hours ended. Lowered my pack and a dink walked over to see what it was.

Are you partaking in the orange army?
I'm leaning towards leaving the rifle in the closet unless I'm on a field. Haven't committed yet but it's on my mind.

My primary source of income is my taxidermy shop. So once our 9 day gun season starts I generally dont have much time to hunt for a couple of weeks. I might try a short sit or two if time permits or I need a hour long "mental coffee break". I usually only break out the rifle for putting does in the freezer.

Slow night saw 2 little bucks pulled some cams and this guy has been all over the farm including narrowly escaping the last two hunts one by about an hour and 45 minutes and another by about 125 yds. Have yet to lay eyes on him although he did show up about this time last year.
3b23d1696713efa75a1e0adce4dd2cc1.jpg

Holy Moly Batman!! That dude has some tine length!