Live from the stand thread

That was a good 150 yard shot!
As usual, the last 5 minutes was action packed. 7 deer inside 50 yards... Had three deer inside of 30 yards watch me open the window on the blind and draw the bow...apparently they couldn't make out what was happening inside.

Doe only Holiday hunt in certain Wisconsin counties. Watching over a marsh with lots of brushy bedding areas. Most of it is right where the woods transition into the marsh. First time in this area so just picked a high spot to watch the marsh. When I'm done this morning I'll scout the woods to find a spot in there for tomorrow.
fb33b56a174be344444d1bca46e69c17.jpg
48390ec1e3004e966b071c89b93a87af.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

This is more of a “view of a stand” but from a deer’s vantage point. Currently it is 32-33 degrees and snowing (has been for the past 36 hours), but a cold front is coming that will take us into the teens this weekend. Should be good for deer late season deer movement. My son is looking to harvest a doe, and our granddaughter is trying for her first buck. Didn’t see anything in my short pre-going-to-work time.
IMG_4259.jpeg

First sit of the late season at my house. Plot still green and deer are hitting it though the nearby cut corn is getting most of the attention…waiting for some cold weather that usually turns my plots on..as of now sitting in the 40s in the morning..pretty unusual for after Christmas..some snow would be good too!IMG_0328.jpeg

After harvesting her first deer in late November, my granddaughter is looking to fill her buck tag with one of those “big boy deer.” It’s 28 with a brisk wind & some flurries this morning.
IMG_1958.jpeg
IMG_1957.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy deer camp tonight. Trophy doe down. 1st kill with the new 450 bm. Didn't want her to dive over a steep hillside so went for the base of the neck shot.

20231230_171909.jpg

Happy deer camp tonight. Trophy doe down. 1st kill with the new 450 bm. Didn't want her to dive over a steep hillside so went for the base of the neck shot.

View attachment 61025
Congrats Mort! It would probably take three of my does to make a tank like that.😳

IMG_1971.jpeg

Bringing in the New Year by waiting for that big buck to go by! This is the last sit of the season.

Evidently, they like what you have there. More fawns come spring ....... 👍 Thanks for the pics!

IMG_0133.jpeg

Boar hog smarter than a deer. Saw several deer. Hog waited until I had been gone for 15 min

IMG_0136.jpeg

Of course, I am not there and hog right back out in daylight. Very few adult hogs get killed in daylight. Thermal scope is a game changer. Even with a thermal, cant kill them out. I could kill every mature buck on my place with a thermal in five days. Not so with hogs.

He had to watch you walk in, or else he’s a very lucky piggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had to watch you walk in, or else he’s a very lucky piggy.

Wind was swirling a little - may have smelled me

Enjoying a snowy day with old smokey in the Pa flintlock season. It's been an eventful morning missed a doe, had a gun issue while reloading that I couldn't fix on stand had to walk back to the house to remedy. Got back in and just had a small 6pt walk by
IMG_20240106_102310274_HDR.jpg

d3b54199e04a4be05205a5da16264d38.jpg

Guarded some beans tonight. Saw 18 deer. So windy they didn’t hear the first shot, so I nocked another arrow and shot another one. Lots of good steaks

f73b2821bb58a29d6d58c3f2efaaac4a.jpg

d3b54199e04a4be05205a5da16264d38.jpg

Guarded some beans tonight. Saw 18 deer. So windy they didn’t hear the first shot, so I nocked another arrow and shot another one. Lots of good steaks

f73b2821bb58a29d6d58c3f2efaaac4a.jpg

If i am gonna clean one deer - I would just as soon do two