Live from the stand thread

Way to go @Brian662 , on a new property to boot! That's some exciting stuff!

First sit of the year for me. Climbed into the stand and 5 doe watching me
2be140ed6d8ab30a99d93565f11428b4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Nice buck Bszweda! You're having a good year. I like your haul out transport. Real slow the last 2 nights up here. Heard zero shots last night and zero shots tonight. Saw 1 doe and 1 doe with fawns.

Thanks all definitely a great year for me. Last year I almost killed myself falling off a ladder ( broke my wrist) trying to figure out where to put my elevated blinds. It was really slow yesterday for me also. Today around 8 am I had two or three does bed up around e 35 yards next to me in crp. It's crazy how they just magically appear in it. Then around 830 a 3 year old buck appeared in the crp and it looked as he was locked down with one of the does. He would just stand 10 yards behind a bedded doe. They would disappear on and off in the crp throughout the day. At 230 the does got up and moved in into a small patch of trees. I was waiting for the buck to follow, when I scanned the crp and saw another larger buck close to the other one. The bigger buck was moving in the opposite direction and presented an opening in the crp. I quickly did the murp to stop him and then shot. Smoked filled the blind and I saw the buck stumble about 10 yards then fall down disappearing in crp. At this point I thought he had died. I open my blind windows to air it out and probably made some noise, when all of a sudden he gets up and stumbles into the small patch of woods. Now im in a state of panic and reload my muzzle loader and immediately go after it. Thankfully I catch up with him about 100 yards later as he keeps falling down.

Somewhere to the NE of me is a half racked fork horn and what looked to be a pretty decent buck harassing a doe. I hope she circles back this way so I can get a better look in the last hour of PA's 2023 rifle season.

IMG_20231209_155329269.jpg

Well they never circled back and the only others to show were 3 fawns. That's a wrap on rifle season so the flying squirrels can have their home back

Last edited:
Does this count?
57dd11ef16ef91adf982a3e1a10efbe5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Does this count?
57dd11ef16ef91adf982a3e1a10efbe5.jpg

No! That's way more hectic then sitting in a big white pine. :)

No! That's way more hectic then sitting in a big white pine. :)
You aren't wrong

Hard to tell from the pic but I dumped a couple hundred pounds of rye in those beans including some crimson clover. The deer are keeping it short. Just trying to fill a doe tag with the bow and the closest one is 150 yards away. We'll see what happens the last 30 minutes or so.20231218_162801.jpg

Sweet.

That was a good 150 yard shot!