All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irma is no joke

Eggman

5 year old buck +
It has been a tuff ride so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there! You have the whole country behind you.

Just got word that my place in Okeechobee survived. Hope the best for everyone....

I wish you southern guys the best through this.

Me too. Wish I could help! If you need a place to stay in Wisconsin, look me up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Still not getting solid info but it is rumored that the surge didn't happen. Was supposed to be 10 to 15 foot. That would have made the car in the garage float :emoji_astonished:. No idea on wind damage the neighbors were on madantory evacuations.

One is heading back tomorrow so I'll know for sure then. Sister in Orlando, one in Sarasota and a younger bro in St. Pete all made out ok.. No electric but no serious damage and their alive!

Wishing the best for all.

No electric but no serious damage and their alive!

That's really all that matters in the end. The rest is just "stuff" right?

Has anyone heard from BigBend and how he faired ?

Has anyone heard from BigBend and how he faired ?
Alive and kicking. Second Irma cleared Monday morning I started cutting and burning. Got bulk of stuff burned by dark the next day. Spent almost all today propping sawtooth oak and dolgo crabapple saplings back up and fixing tree tubes. Still no power, but blessedly got a couple of generators going. Think well pump is hard wired to main line as I've been able to figure out how to get just about everything except pump up and running. Took a swimming pool bath tonight after two days of baby wipe evening scrub downs. Cold temps from Irma and 2 days of cloudy weather made it quite refreshing!:emoji_astonished::emoji_smile:

My relatives in Jacksonville have power back today. Significant flooding in the area, but no damage to their homes.

Still no power at my house I had no damage. All but 2 farms have line power now. Fuel is a major issue keeping generators going on the complexes. We burn 100 gal per hour and supply is short. River flooding is now starting and I75 is closed at Gainesville making it hard on resupply to continue.

Still no power at my house I had no damage. All but 2 farms have line power now. Fuel is a major issue keeping generators going on the complexes. We burn 100 gal per hour and supply is short. River flooding is now starting and I75 is closed at Gainesville making it hard on resupply to continue.

Somehow I think the north got more flooding the south. Odd?

I'll take my lumps with a smile.
When I went to bed Saturday night a long way from FL I was prepared for a total loss. 10 to 15 foot surge would have wiped out everything.

image.jpeg

Previous owner had a boat worth more than the house. I ain't ever filling that hole. But the lift doesn't even grunt with this boat...

image.jpeg