Mn gun opener

I'm pretty confident the DNR isn't trucking in cougars.. regardless, he's a poison pill in regards to getting undecided middle ground in a state like MN to identify with our concerns.
I'm 100% confident they are! Cats have been seen and the green trucks with radio equipment to confirm. I have posted about this in the past on this website.

I'm 100% confident they are! Cats have been seen and the green trucks with radio equipment to confirm. I have posted about this in the past on this website.
Can't the trucks with radio equipment just be used for studying or tracking them? Don't they also do tracking studies on wolves? Also on deer? Unless someone sees lions in an enclosed trailer marked by DNR, I'm not placing a whole lot of stock in it.

my search to find old posts has been unsuccessful.

Can't the trucks with radio equipment just be used for studying or tracking them? Don't they also do tracking studies on wolves? Also on deer? Unless someone sees lions in an enclosed trailer marked by DNR, I'm not placing a whole lot of stock in it.
How are they able to track them if said animal has not been fitted with tracking devices?

Would you put it past the state to sub out the release of animals? That way they can deny anything and say "we" did not release them.

How are they able to track them if said animal has not been fitted with tracking devices?

Would you put it past the state to sub out the release of animals? That way they can deny anything and say "we" did not release them.

What's their motive behind this? Has there ever been pictures of a collared cougar in MN?

I'm high skeptical of such a thing but also heartily call BS on this:
1702065099605.png

If i'm not mistaken, was there one hit by a car in Golden Valley MN.? Like this week?

What's their motive behind this? Has there ever been pictures of a collared cougar in MN?

I'm high skeptical of such a thing but also heartily call BS on this:
View attachment 60339
How so on the BS?

There was 3 seen from the road 1/4 mile from my moms farm in S.E. MN. within the past 2 years. 1 adult and 2 youngins (togeather) 3/4 of a mile down that same road a day later was the dnr truck with raido antenas parked. Again, how are they tracked if not collared?

How so on the BS?

There was 3 seen from the road 1/4 mile from my moms farm in S.E. MN. within the past 2 years. 1 adult and 2 youngins (togeather) 3/4 of a mile down that same road a day later was the dnr truck with raido antenas parked. Again, how are they tracked if not collared?

What i'm saying is him highly skeptical that the DNR has some covert op to stock lions in the state.

On the other hand, I'm calling BS on their statement that they doubt there has ever been more than a couple wanderers in the state at one time. If there was a way to prove it I'd put money down that there is more than 2 in the state right now.

I dont know if the MN DNR is tracking them with collars. Are they and if so how do you know? Are there pictures of lions with a collar on them in MN? A DNR truck with antennas is a hardly proof of anything.

Last edited:
Funny Story, i was working in CA but flew home for a long weekend circa 2018 and had a fancy RWD sports car rental. Driving north to Grand Rapids at the intersection of hwy 65 and 210 I lit up the rear tires on that rental and drifted the car sideways around the turn onto 210. There just happened to be a game warden at that intersection who promptly turned on his lights to pull me over. He told me how stupid i was, i agreed, and he let me go.

Anyways, his truck had some big antennas but i'd toss a guess out that they weren't for trackin mountain lions.

What i'm saying is him highly skeptical that the DNR has some covert op to stock lions in the state.

On the other hand, I'm calling BS on their statement that they doubt there has ever been more than a couple wanderers in the state at one time. If there was a way to prove it I'd put money down that there is more than 2 in the state right now.

I dont know if the MN DNR is tracking them with collars. Are they and if so how do you know? Are there pictures of lions with a collar on them in MN? A DNR truck with antennas is a hardly proof of anything.
A guy that lives 4 houses down the street from me saw the 3 lions. He was also the one that seen the Green MNDNR truck the next day close to where the sighting was. When he asked the DNR worker in the truck if he was tracking Lions the DNR workers jaw about hit the ground. This guy down the road from me used to work for IBM fulfilling military contracts for all sorts of different tracking equipment. He knew why the truck was there.

If i'm not mistaken, was there one hit by a car in Golden Valley MN.? Like this week?
Yes. I'm not sure of your point? There were like a dozen different reports for this same lion before it was killed.

Mountain Lions have ranges of thousands of miles. Most of the tracking studies done in the US and Canada confirm this. It's not like they know to stay in one state/country or another. There have been known lions that have been collared that have wandered into MN in the past and I am sure there is at least another one or few still around. Their presence doesn't mean they were transplanted here by MN DNR.

The mountain lion hit by a car in the twin cities earlier this week was tagged as a kitten in Nebraska. I think it is possible that at some point a mountain lion was tagged somewhere else and tracked through minnesota.

I'd need to see more evidence than the nutty game farm deer guy claiming there was a cattle trailer full of mountain lions headed into Minnesota though to believe that the DNR is trapping and transplanting mountain lions though.

There are no resident (breeding population)lions in Minnesota just like there is none in Tenn. Some folks just want to believe and that’s totally fine but it’s simply not true

Funny Story, i was working in CA but flew home for a long weekend a while back and had a fancy RWD sports car rental. Driving north to Grand Rapids at the intersection of hwy 65 and 210 I lit up the rear tires on that rental and drifted the car sideways around the turn onto 210. There just happened to be a game warden at that intersection who promptly turned on his lights to pull me over. He told me how stupid i was, i agreed, and he let me go.

Anyways, his truck had some big antennas but i'd toss a guess out there that they weren't for trackin mountain lions

There are no resident (breeding population)lions in Minnesota just like there is none in Tenn. Some folks just want to believe and that’s totally fine but it’s simply not true
But we know the global warming is caused by man?

Cow farts

One is a little easier to prove than the other. Between radio and gps telemetry, 8 billion trail cameras, thousand upon thousands of hunters, millions of residents, it would be beyond a miracle for a breeding of population of lions to be anywhere east of the Mississippi that we don’t know about. I hate its that way, I love the unknown of the outdoors but we have removed most of that cause we can.

Not sure your point? but do you mean how Al Gore says its caused by man or how @SD51555 says it's caused by man?

Cow farts

One is a little easier to prove than the other. Between radio and gps telemetry, 8 billion trail cameras, thousand upon thousands of hunters, millions of residents, it would be beyond a miracle for a breeding of population of lions to be anywhere east of the Mississippi that we don’t know about. I hate its that way, I love the unknown of the outdoors but we have removed most of that cause we can.

I don't know man, sasquatches evade it all.

Holy piss. This guy shot 200”ers on consecutive years from the same 40..

Think I need to start looking more in SE MN.. Also, I’d not want my 40 to have that kind of publicity unless I were selling!

He's got the right formula. Small parcel with topography surrounded by giant parcels.

He's got the right formula. Small parcel with topography surrounded by giant parcels.
I spent a little time trying to find his 40 this morning haha. He shot an absolute freak in 2014 at what sounds like a different parcel too..

I think he is the county assessor? Probably has a pretty good feel for land down there!