Mn gun opener

Moral of the story is - you may end up on a headline for a news story. Proceed with extreme caution at your own risk.

Moral of the story is - you may end up on a headline for a news story. Proceed with extreme caution at your own risk.

Yes. I'd like to give a few lead poisoning but the juice aint worth the squeeze.

I've only seen one wolf in my life living in Minnesota for 54 years now. That one came right through my yard a few years ago in the spring time. I've seen way more black bears. Seeing bears almost every year for the past 7-8 years.

The "glory days" thread had some links about the new "hunters for hunters" group. Here's another article. https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-wolves-deer-hunting-dnr-tony-kennedy/600323582/

Having the family of a high fence deer farmer that has made headlines for disregarding deer transport bans running the show might hurt more than help with impartial minnesotans. I think i'm aligned with most of what this group is doing, some of the approach could use polishing..

Last edited:
The "glory days" thread had some links about the new "hunters for hunters" group. Here's another article. https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-wolves-deer-hunting-dnr-tony-kennedy/600323582/

Having the family of a high fence deer farmer that has made headlines pushing deer transport bans running the show might hurt more than help with impartial minnesotans. I think i'm aligned with most of what this group is doing, some of the approach could use polishing..
Steve Porter did not push for bans on tame deer transport. He intentionally violated the ban on transport. The article explains this.

Steve Porter did not push for bans on tame deer transport. He intentionally violated the ban on transport. The article explains this.

Yes, I worded that poorly but that is what I meant. now edited.

Last edited:
Fer effs sake. This is the guy leading our next advocacy group? Dont see how it doesn't do more harm than good. 80%+ of Minnesotans supposedly are happy with the # of wolves or would like more and the leader of this new group has publicly posted this dumb shit.

1702044638731.png1702044669167.png

Dude is a clown. I watched a 10 minute rant he had earlier this summer and wrote him off at that point.

One step forward, two steps backward.

The guy being a tool is completely besides the point if what he says is true.

Maybe, but you're describing Trump. Whether he's a tool or not, he lost some supporters based on how people perceive him. Background and delivery are important. Make America great again!

Human beings are more often incapable of seeing someone's point of view if they are at all different. Mort brought up Trump but you don't even have to be nearly that controversial for people to disregard what you're saying.

Imagine creating the worst example of a deer hunter to lead this group. This guy seems to check most of the boxes.

Maybe, but you're describing Trump. Whether he's a tool or not, he lost some supporters based on how people perceive him. Background and delivery are important. Make America great again!
Trump losing some votes wouldn't have made a hill of beans worth of difference if it was an honest election. Currently there isn't a politician that has the balls to make America great again. Like it or not the country needs Trump back.

The 80%+ of minnesotan's who want there to be just as many or more wolves than there currently are going to be swayed the exact opposite direction by a guy who:
-"jokes" about shoot, shovel, shut up publicly
-Sells shooting of manipulated freak livestock deer as hunting for his business
-Hears barstool stories about the DNR trailering in cougars and then posts on facebook looking for other dipshits to validate it

Credibility from any objective person is gone and anyone reasonably wanting wolf management for the betterment of deer get lumped in with him.

The 80%+ of minnesotan's who want there to be just as many or more wolves than there currently are going to be swayed the exact opposite direction by a guy who:
-"jokes" about shoot, shovel, shut up publicly
-Sells shooting of manipulated freak livestock deer as hunting for his business
-Hears barstool stories about the DNR trailering in cougars and then posts on facebook looking for other dipshits to validate it

Credibility from any objective person is gone and anyone reasonably wanting wolf management for the betterment of deer get lumped in with him.
I agree 100% but...
If what he says is true...

I agree 100% but...
If what he says is true...

I'm pretty confident the DNR isn't trucking in cougars.. regardless, he's a poison pill in regards to getting undecided middle ground in a state like MN to identify with our concerns.

I admire the guy for trying, but there is zero consideration for the feelings of outdoorsmen or wolf lovers in MN. All the deer license revenue combined is less than 1% of their budget. The state is drowning in excess revenues from over-taxation, so if the DNR needs a 15% bump in revenue to do whatever the hell it is that they do, all they need to do is ask pappy Tim and the confused kids in the legislature.

I said it years ago when MDDI reached the end of the road. The only tool left in the toolbox is to completely discredit the DNR and break everyone from the trance and fairytale that the DNR gives a rats @$$ about whether or not we see deer. If they need an extra 50,000 deer killed somewhere, they can hire that done by outfits like White Buffalo or the national guard for ten million, and that's a rounding error on the funds spent every year gobbling up all the privately held wildlife properties. And if that doesn't work, they can just fly over with the contraceptive feeds at night.

We're beyond talking. We're beyond accountability. Hearts and minds are all that's left, and that work is done one by one.

SD touched on it but the revenue thing, last i looked up, hunting license sales made up less than 5% of the total DNR revenue. They do get big fed contributions from pittman-robertson $ (gun and ammo excise tax) based upon hunting licenses sold but together its still less than 10% of DNR budget. It's cute that people think not buying a $35 tag is going to hurt the dnr.