GRIN apple scion

I just got a UPS notice that I have a package coming from USDA. All I can figure is it has to be my GRIN scions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless there is some issue and Dawn emails me, the UPS notice is usually the first indication I get.

I'm at the farm today, but I got an email from UPS that they delivered a package today. I didn't expect any packages but when I looked at the tracking information, the package was picked up from Geneva NY so I presume it is my scion order!

Received my GRIN scions today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received mine Thursday, too long to go in the crisper so cleared room on the bottom shelf. My wife asked me why there's a bunch of sticks in the refrigerator. Lol. Told her I could graft 150 trees out of those sticks, and that since cheap big box stores charge $20 for apple trees, those sticks are worth about $3,000. She says I can put them anywhere I want.......

They arrived with a soaked napkin in the bag, and lots of condensation. Is this too much moisture?
20180122_064952.jpg

UPS emailed to say my pear scionwood from USDA Corvalis should arrive later today.

Somebody's getting a UPS shipment from Geneva NY .... hmmmm what could it be? I gotta say I am kind of excited! This is my first GRIN go around, I was getting worried that my order had found its way into a government trash can. :-)

UPS says mine will be here tomorrow.

UPS Hasn't even contacted me yet, i'm the last guy picked in gym class this year.

Some folks have itchy grafting fingers !!!!!! ^^^^^^^

With my luck I'm expecting them to start to process my order about the time the gov't shuts down.

Some folks have itchy grafting fingers !!!!!! ^^^^^^^

I grafted over 50 seedlings so far and I still haven't fully scratched the itch. I'm waiting for the first buds to pop now. I still have a few more left to graft. I placed a second order with GRIN. I'm sure some of the ones I grafted will fail and I'll need to regraft, but most of the second order is for trees already in the field. I've got a month or more before I can graft them.

Thanks,

Jack

I havent got my order yet. It was a relatively small order, and I placed it on the deadline day for scion. So hopefully they will still ship it. I am in no hurry to get my order, still 2 month away from grafting time. Probably start pruning my trees next week.

I havent got my order yet. It was a relatively small order, and I placed it on the deadline day for scion. So hopefully they will still ship it. I am in no hurry to get my order, still 2 month away from grafting time. Probably start pruning my trees next week.

I didn't realize they had a deadline day. I guess my 2nd order will come next year.

Jan 10th for scion. If you didnt tell them not to they will likely ship it as budwood in August.

Got mine too. Took them all out, wiped some of them off and sealed the ends to preserve moisture. Should be good until April!

I just got a UPS notice.
its-time-to-play-the-game.jpg

I got mine too, and they are "beautiful" .... waxed the ends and put them right to bed in the fridge to sleep for a while... night night little scions :-)

Attachments

• IMG_2220.JPG
    IMG_2220.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 13