November drop persimmon

Sportsman94

A good 3 year old buck
Anyone know of a variety that consistently drops in late October, November, early December? I’m in zone 8a and wanting to graft some later dropping varieties near a stand location. The only one I’ve seen mentioned is deer magnet, but I haven’t seen anywhere I can get scion wood for that variety. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested!
If you happen to find a source let me know...

Deer Magnet does drop in November here in 6B. I'm not sure how it would drop in 8A. England Orchard has DM scionwood listed for sale.

Red Fern Farm sells scionwood for a tree called Wapello, and they claim it drops all winter starting in November and going into March or April.

MIller drops here in October. I don't know of scion wood for sale, but Blue Hill sells trees grafted to that cultivar.

Thanks native hunter! I’ll check those out and see when they drop in my area

Mine are still mostly holding on the trees a few have started dropping deer tracks everywhere in the grove. 6b

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    557.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 29
Where is a source for permission trees zone 5A 4 B please

The web site shows currently sold out, but Blue Hill has persimmons that he lists for 4B.

I've not ordered from them, but Morse Nursery has a couple of cold hardy persimmons (Meader, Morse) available.

The people here have had trouble with morse

Anyone know of a variety that consistently drops in late October, November, early December? I’m in zone 8a and wanting to graft some later dropping varieties near a stand location. The only one I’ve seen mentioned is deer magnet, but I haven’t seen anywhere I can get scion wood for that variety. Thanks

I have plenty of native Americans here in 8b. Fruit dropping now. I can send you some Scionwood if interested. Maybe an exchange. Let me know if interested

I’m 5a hovering to 4b. I’ve tried female grafted morse persimmons a handful of times (all the different varieties). Not a single graft has made it for me. Complete opposite for me with Bluehill.

MDC and Kansas forest service trees are cheap but not grafted. I’ve got 50 planted from KFS doing well in 60” tubes in a large deer orchard planting.

My MDC trees have been in the ground 3 years and the female tree that survived fruited this year and is still holding strong.

My MDC trees have been in the ground 3 years and the female tree that survived fruited this year and is still holding strong.
3 year old seedlings fruited? Or you had some other persimmons in the ground nearby already?

yes. 3 years, and yes there are other seedlings nearby some male, some female

yes. 3 years, and yes there are other seedlings nearby some male, some female
That is incredible. Are you using tree tubes or cages?

That is incredible. Are you using tree tubes or cages?
Cages, but this area has the richest black dirt I've ever seen. It's low lying and gets pretty wet. Apples cannot live there. Pears do ok, but persimmons seem to love it.

Thanks!

ordered 50 seeds yesterday!