GRIN apple scion

I recieved my handful of apple scions last week. I live in SE North Dakota.

I mailed in my grin apple order form 3 or 4 weeks ago and haven't heard back. How long does it usually take for an order confirmation or denial? Just want to know so I can order elsewhere if needed.

I've only ordered through their website and got confirmation of the order right away. I'll PM the contact information for the person that contacted me for clarification about one of my orders. Try contacting her.

I never got confirmation twice and the next thing I got is an email with UPS tracking info but you can call or send another email as chicken recommends. I faxed my order last 2 years

I've only ordered through their website and got confirmation of the order right away. I'll PM the contact information for the person that contacted me for clarification about one of my orders. Try contacting her.

Thanks, sent off an email tonight.

Got a reply this morning. She's getting hundreds of orders so does not have time to reply with a confirmation to all of them. She's just working on processing them all. Says they will ship January/February.

Not to sounds like a goon... but what is GRIN? I have looked but could not find anything.

https://www.ars-grin.gov/. USDA Germplasm Resources Information Network. Maintains repositories of all kinds of crops. You can request apple and pear scionwood. Tell them you plan to do some research. Say you'll publish results here. They will ship you scionwood for free in Feb or March.

Thank you!

Any suggestions on late pear resistant to fire blight?

Just received email confirmation that my apple order is on the way.

Just received email confirmation that my apple order is on the way.
How early did you order? I emailed in a order on the 9th, never got a reply. Hope I did it right. First timer here. Not that I need it yet anyways

How early did you order? I emailed in a order on the 9th, never got a reply. Hope I did it right. First timer here. Not that I need it yet anyways

Mailed in my order the first of October. They don't send out order confirmations, you just find out when they ship them. My first order from them too.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Mailed in my order the first of October. They don't send out order confirmations, you just find out when they ship them. My first order from them too.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
You can login and look at your order history. It will show you the status. My still says "Reviewing". I placed my order in August!

Thanks,

jack

You can login and look at your order history. It will show you the status. My still says "Reviewing". I placed my order in August!

Thanks,

jack
I don't seem to find this link. I'm no Internet expert but their Web site seems hard to navigate

Go to: https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/search.aspx?

This is where you search for stuff. In the top left of the page you should see a link that says login.

You created an account to order the scions. Use that username and password.

In the tabs across the top find "My Profile" and hover.

Select "Order History"

You will see all the orders you have placed. Click "view detail" for the order you want to see.

You will see the list of scions for that order. The "Item Status" column shows the status.

Thanks,

Jack

Go to: https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/search.aspx?

This is where you search for stuff. In the top left of the page you should see a link that says login.

You created an account to order the scions. Use that username and password.

In the tabs across the top find "My Profile" and hover.

Select "Order History"

You will see all the orders you have placed. Click "view detail" for the order you want to see.

You will see the list of scions for that order. The "Item Status" column shows the status.

Thanks,

Jack
Thanks jack, found a different page view like the one you described. When I ordered, it was a form I had to scan and email in. Had about 25 pages of varieties. Didn't have a acount then, but set one up now for future use

Thanks jack, found a different page view like the one you described. When I ordered, it was a form I had to scan and email in. Had about 25 pages of varieties. Didn't have a acount then, but set one up now for future use

I didn't even realize they had other ways to order. Glad you were able to set up an account. I wonder if there is some way to link it to your existing order...

Just checked My order status, it just shows "Order Status: Reviewing"

It was acknowledged on : "November 8, 2017NEWNew Order created from Web Order by dawn.dellefave@ars.usda.gov"

this is my first go around with them so not sure what to expect or how the process goes....

I just got a UPS notice that I have a package coming from USDA. All I can figure is it has to be my GRIN scions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk