November drop persimmon

My MDC trees have been in the ground 3 years and the female tree that survived fruited this year and is still holding strong.
Do you know the soil pH?

While this post says nothing about locating late drop times for persimmons, it provides an excellent source of info about persimmons in general. There are some interesting similarities between persimmons and chestnuts ... namely, preference for slightly acidic soil and thirst for water during fruit forming (but they don't like wet feet). Hope you enjoy.

While this post says nothing about locating late drop times for persimmons, it provides an excellent source of info about persimmons in general. There are some interesting similarities between persimmons and chestnuts ... namely, preference for slightly acidic soil and thirst for water during fruit forming (but they don't like wet feet). Hope you enjoy.

Thanks

I have not done well with persimmons. But I am in clay type soil pH of 7.3 and is flood irrigated.

Persimmon can do well in really wet soils

Indeed

The new discovery of a producing tree always causes a" slamming of the brakes" of the Kawasaki mule......

.........The joy is tempered by the crash of passengers, dogs,equipment that fly out the front.....

bill

This is a local female I named Bear Creek West, I have it grafted at home along with a sister tree across the gravel road. It was a very dry year, till recently, seems they started to drop a little earlier than normal. Both trees have about the same amount of fruit left and usually finish up around mid January. Pic taken this morning.20231202_095704.jpg

This is a local female I named Bear Creek West, I have it grafted at home along with a sister tree across the gravel road. It was a very dry year, till recently, seems they started to drop a little earlier than normal. Both trees have about the same amount of fruit left and usually finish up around mid January. Pic taken this morning.View attachment 60117
Man that tree is loaded for this time of year! I have a few persimmons still holding a few in a hardwoods bottom, but nothing like yours!

There are maybe eight trees around the area still holding some, most have just a few left. The best tree is in someone's yard, yearly production from it is jaw dropping. It is a little earlier dropping than these two, probably still holding half its crop. I havnt been able to find out who lives there or get permission to snip scions. I may have to stop with a bottle of honey and beg. It is possibly the best persimmon tree I have ever seen.

There are maybe eight trees around the area still holding some, most have just a few left. The best tree is in someone's yard, yearly production from it is jaw dropping. It is a little earlier dropping than these two, probably still holding half its crop. I havnt been able to find out who lives there or get permission to snip scions. I may have to stop with a bottle of honey and beg. It is possibly the best persimmon tree I have ever seen.
If you get some I would love to pay you a little for a few scions!

If you get some I would love to pay you a little for a few scions!
Same, I have a few natives I would like to graft that scion too!