Would You Turn In A Poacher?

^^^sounds to me like you do NOT have sole rights to hunt the property :(

Its a free lease of partial hunting rights only. The land owner, my neighbor has a SIL that may hunt on it once in a while. So no, I do not have sole rights. You are correct, but its a FREE lease in Northern Missouri.:D Did I mention it does not cost me anything?:D

^^^ I wasn't talking to you MBC, I meant Daydreamer...

I am a little slow Stu, But I don't have sole rights to this property, not kidding! So it worked for your question anyways!:D

Sorry to confuse!

I have turned in some jokers that were driving and spinning donuts on State Game land in some feeder fields. The whole area was gated off and posted as " no vehicles of any
kind ". It was a pretty pristine area I had bow hunted for years and had lots of game. That day I happened to be grouse hunting and when I saw what they were doing, I took out a shotgun shell and scratched their license number on the base of the shell with my knife. When I got out to a phone ( before cells ), I called the Game Warden and gave him all pertinent info. Long story short - guilty plea and $600 in fines and had to pay for cost of damage to fields.

In my hunting area, the local camps all get along and we watch out for each other's properties. We all agree that if anyone is caught trespassing or poaching, we will all prosecute to the fullest extent of the law for EVERY charge we can nail them with. It's our collective opinion that giving warnings leads to the belief that we aren't serious about violations. NO WARNINGS HERE !!! Prosecute first time - all neighboring camps are posted, so no excuses.

Good for you Mo. Glad you busted them. Who knows how long they did this shit before ever getting busted! Lights on feeders!!??? That doesn't sound like an entry level poacher! Jerks

Good for you Mo. Glad you busted them. Who knows how long they did this shit before ever getting busted! Lights on feeders!!??? That doesn't sound like an entry level poacher! Jerks

Bad when I left, 2 bucks went missing the past 2 weeks that are normally visable. Hoping they are hiding with a doe. Cactus Jack is one that is missing right now. Hope he shows back up on one of the cameras.

Yep, I would turn them in so quick it would make your head spin. Good for you.

Lights on feeders? That's a new one on me. Glad you got them boys under "new supervision". ;)

Way to go Mobuck!, and to answer your question I would and I have. Locals don't much care for me as I hunt legally and ask permission, not out of trucks and tresspass wherever I can drive and shoot out of vehicles. I have called in and had prosecuted 6 poachers in the past. Two more would have been busted had the co followed through with an investigation in a timely manner and would have put a felon back into prison because he had a firearm when it was illegal for him to do so.

I have my local conservation officer (wildlife law enforcement) as a contact on my cell phone - he knows me by name. Anytime I suspect something is going on I give him a call, what he does with it is up to him. I have no issue turning in poachers, trespassers and anyone else.

A feeder with lights WTF!!!!!!!!!