Would You Go On A Free High Fence Hunt?

This is interesting.
But what me and the Donald need to know is how high does the fence have to be to keep a 4 foot Mexideercan out?

Remember at the end of the day. We're all in it for the same thing. And our thing isn't the fate of the world.

Just sayin.

Looks like Jimmy has two contenders! :D Very well said. One thing that forums like this have shown me is that my view of how deer behave and relate to people and there environment was far too narrow. And back to this point of this thread, it has also broadened my ethical perspective. Guys like Baker have convinced me that is room for approaches beyond what I had previously considered ethical. We all use terms like "High Fenced", "Canned Hunt", "Guided Hunt", "Paid Hunt", "Preserve Hunt", and the list goes on, but they seem to have different meaning in different places.

I've come to the place where I'm content to set my own ethical boundaries and within the bounds of the law, let others figure out what works for them.

Thanks,

jack

This is interesting.
But what me and the Donald need to know is how high does the fence have to be to keep a 4 foot Mexideercan out?

Remember at the end of the day. We're all in it for the same thing. And our thing isn't the fate of the world.

Just sayin.
It's late out here in Oregon on vacation. I'm tired, been drinking a little and am stumped by the question about fences and 4' Mexideercan. I have a bit of experience with deer in Mexico and fences. What do you want to know? what do you know about the body size of bucks along the rio grande in Mexico? Happy to clarify or help in any way. Also have about50-60 miles of 8' fence. Can talk about that too

It's late out here in Oregon on vacation. I'm tired, been drinking a little and am stumped by the question about fences and 4' Mexideercan. I have a bit of experience with deer in Mexico and fences. What do you want to know? what do you know about the body size of bucks along the rio grande in Mexico? Happy to clarify or help in any way. Also have about50-60 miles of 8' fence. Can talk about that too

Perhaps it would have been more clear if he said "The Donald" and called it a wall instead of a fence. :D

Thanks. Makes a bit more sense now as I can be prone to taking things a bit too literally. Best not to turn computer on after long night!

Guys like Baker have convinced me that is room for approaches beyond what I had previously considered ethical. We all use terms like "High Fenced", "Canned Hunt", "Guided Hunt", "Paid Hunt", "Preserve Hunt", and the list goes on, but they seem to have different meaning in different places.

I've come to the place where I'm content to set my own ethical boundaries and within the bounds of the law, let others figure out what works for them.

Thanks,

jack

That is a great statement!

I haven't received any complaints. But Mexideercan is a humorous way to try and defuse some of heel nipping that's started.

I suggest an ignore rather than a nip.

Mexideercan is the soft step before the hard one. But I think everyone can read into that.

No slight to prior administration that may have set a tone that heel nip issues could be debated in threads via PM's and emails. But that's not how I'm going to handle them.

I'll just shut them and any follow up about them down.

I'm certain at times that will lead to a bad decision on my part. But I'll make one pretty quick if forced to.

I wouldn't do a fenced hunt. I bow hunt because it's more of a challenge---wouldn't want to shoot something that has no chance, or something that is more tame than wild,but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: