Worst neighbor

You’re just going to have to see how it goes. Much will depend on how they hunt. The sloppier the better. I lease my neighbors place which has a 40 surrounded by meat hunters on 3 sides. I’ve seen as many a 4 guys on the fence line during rifle season and it always sounds like an active war zone on opening day. A few years ago the last afternoon of fall archery season my sit was ruined by a guy on a 4 wheeler dragging a ladder stand to put up for the next mornings hunt. I’m sure they have killed some decent bucks but more then likely they shoot every basket rack that shows up.

Some of our best deer have come from that 40. We hunt the wind, pick our days and treat it like a sanctuary. The big boys and girls know where it’s safe.

Hunting fencelines seems to be a universal issue

I like howboutdemdogs wind chime approach

"Enter Sandman" cranked up on the Mule Speaker system works well here

bill

Here’s the “problem”…the wife just got here for the first time and I’m going to have a hard time getting her away from this view!
View attachment 43553
That isnt a problem. I built a cabin on our hunting problem. Ten years later my wife retired before me and said “I am moving to the cabin”. It was almost an hour from work for me, but she sure didnt have to twist my arm. Eleven years later, we are still here.

Just found out my new property shares 6/10 of a mile with an outfitter. Im beyond bummed and a little upset at the agent. I asked him point blank if any of the neighbors outfitted and he played dumb. He’s local and he knew good and well. I HATE outfitters as a neighbor. They only have one thing in mind, a paycheck, they care nothing about managing the area. This goober has a whopping 8 point minimum in an area that can consistently grow really big deer. Gonna see how it goes and not get too invested until I see if I can even hold any decent deer.
I understand your expectation of the realtor to tell you if the neighbor was an outfitter. But, if you didn’t think it was an outfitter, what gave you the idea that they were a good neighbor otherwise?

I saw about 12-15 deer last night and 5-6 bucks so all hope isn’t lost! All from the front porch

I drove some of the line tonight and didn’t see any. Not that that is gospel but from what I saw it was clean. I will hang windchimes among many other sabotages if they do!

I have recommended wind chimes before. I used them several times. Make sure you hang them on the opposite side of the tree from their property so they can't see them. Will keep the deer nervous along with the hunter trying to turn and see where the sound is coming from. Will drive them nuts. Their movement in their stand is all you need :emoji_wink: :emoji_grin:

I have recommended wind chimes before. I used them several times. Make sure you hang them on the opposite side of the tree from their property so they can't see them. Will keep the deer nervous along with the hunter trying to turn and see where the sound is coming from. Will drive them nuts. Their movement in their stand is all you need :emoji_wink: :emoji_grin:
I like this it’s great idea

I don't know about wind chimes, deer like all critters IMO< get used to things if they hear them enough!
can can have radio blasting in shop while working on things outside in yard and deer will walk up, as there used to hearing it

just like when I am mowing things and on a tractor, and they ignore me!

MAYBE if you added them just a few days before hunting seasons and or a few days a at a time, they would work to deter them, but I don;t see it working if you put them up all yr or even for a long period of time
if deer have a reason to get to point X odds are they will

I don't know about wind chimes, deer like all critters IMO< get used to things if they hear them enough!
can can have radio blasting in shop while working on things outside in yard and deer will walk up, as there used to hearing it

just like when I am mowing things and on a tractor, and they ignore me!

MAYBE if you added them just a few days before hunting seasons and or a few days a at a time, they would work to deter them, but I don;t see it working if you put them up all yr or even for a long period of time
if deer have a reason to get to point X odds are they will
Wind chimes wouldn’t be for the deer. They would just tick off the hunter. Interesting thought.

Wind chimes wouldn’t be for the deer. They would just tick off the hunter. Interesting thought.
well here is a thought or??
a bunch of years ago, I had one guy that used to trespass often, caught and fined a few times and just wouldnl;t stay off the land, and he also loved to sit on the border, countless times he would shoot a deer on MY side of property from the side he was one(he didn;t have permission to be there either, owner just wouldn;t enforce things)
he had a favorite spot he liked to sit it opening day,
so early opening day morning, an took a old small transistor radio, put some new batteries in it, and tied some rope to it, and flipped it up into a tree next to where he sat on MY property, playing a very annoying station that was more high pitch squealing than anything!
I checked on things to see if he was there come day light, but he was NO where to be found near that radio!
and he WAS there some where his vehicle was parked where it always was, but it got him off my border that yr?
the real problem is, some hunters if we can call them that just don;t have very good ethic's ! they rather punch a tag than have respect for others , or so it seems to me!
so either the hunter has them or they don't
and no matter what all you do, the bad one's will piss you off to no end and the LAWS we have really don't help much, if were honest !

Here’s the “problem”…the wife just got here for the first time and I’m going to have a hard time getting her away from this view!
View attachment 43553
That view overcomes a whole lot of negatives! There's something about open vista views that are just settling to the soul. Particularly at sunset.

My former lease had an outfitter adjacent. It was great. They managed their land, did burns, planted nice plots and had strict criteria for kills. I couldn't do much with our lease property, but I had more cover. More than once I killed a decent buck that was moving to or from their plots. All those people moving around and disturbing that land will help yours if it's quiet.