All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wonder how well built this blind is @ Menards

I see you have a flat roof. I would do trusses or slope the roof (to the rear) if I did it. Too much snow load around here to be flat IMO. Do you think your roof could hold 3' of snow?
3 feet of snow! I doubt it, but I don't have to worry about it either. Like I said it doesn't have to be flat, but it doesn't have to be complicated either. If I worried about it more I would give it some slope, but I'm able to hunt for a grand total of 32 days so it just wasn't worth the effort for me. I think I could get away with a flat roof with some simple design changes thought. The reason I say that is that my blinds are rectangular (roughly 4' x 6') so I have less of a span to support under that weight. I also like smaller but more windows.

3 feet of snow - thats BS! Not that I don't believe you - I just ain't putting up with that! They forecast a few inches around here and people loose their minds around here! We measure our snow in inches - not feet and I like it that way!

3 feet of snow! I doubt it, but I don't have to worry about it either. Like I said it doesn't have to be flat, but it doesn't have to be complicated either. If I worried about it more I would give it some slope, but I'm able to hunt for a grand total of 32 days so it just wasn't worth the effort for me. I think I could get away with a flat roof with some simple design changes thought. The reason I say that is that my blinds are rectangular (roughly 4' x 6') so I have less of a span to support under that weight. I also like smaller but more windows.

Yeah I know YOU don't need to worry about it. But I do. :D

I am still going to go with the pop up blind this year on the platform. Where that platform sits will be food plot come next summer (2016). I will be moving it and then putting something on top. So I have some time to figure this all out and build something. I will definitely build the walls and then assemble it in place I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 3 feet of snow - tracking the deer should be easy!
snow deer.jpg

P
3 feet of snow - thats BS! Not that I don't believe you - I just ain't putting up with that! They forecast a few inches around here and people loose their minds around here! We measure our snow in inches - not feet and I like it that way!

Last winter.

IMG_3593_zpsdd34c32e.jpg

Picnic table.
IMG_3486_zps8be7kzf9.jpg

This is my 60 lbs Lab trying to fetch a tennis ball. She isn't hitting the bottom.

A.......NO, HELL NO!