Wonder how well built this blind is @ Menards

I see you have a flat roof. I would do trusses or slope the roof (to the rear) if I did it. Too much snow load around here to be flat IMO. Do you think your roof could hold 3' of snow?
3 feet of snow! I doubt it, but I don't have to worry about it either. Like I said it doesn't have to be flat, but it doesn't have to be complicated either. If I worried about it more I would give it some slope, but I'm able to hunt for a grand total of 32 days so it just wasn't worth the effort for me. I think I could get away with a flat roof with some simple design changes thought. The reason I say that is that my blinds are rectangular (roughly 4' x 6') so I have less of a span to support under that weight. I also like smaller but more windows.

3 feet of snow - thats BS! Not that I don't believe you - I just ain't putting up with that! They forecast a few inches around here and people loose their minds around here! We measure our snow in inches - not feet and I like it that way!

3 feet of snow! I doubt it, but I don't have to worry about it either. Like I said it doesn't have to be flat, but it doesn't have to be complicated either. If I worried about it more I would give it some slope, but I'm able to hunt for a grand total of 32 days so it just wasn't worth the effort for me. I think I could get away with a flat roof with some simple design changes thought. The reason I say that is that my blinds are rectangular (roughly 4' x 6') so I have less of a span to support under that weight. I also like smaller but more windows.

Yeah I know YOU don't need to worry about it. But I do. :D

I am still going to go with the pop up blind this year on the platform. Where that platform sits will be food plot come next summer (2016). I will be moving it and then putting something on top. So I have some time to figure this all out and build something. I will definitely build the walls and then assemble it in place I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 3 feet of snow - tracking the deer should be easy!
snow deer.jpg

P
3 feet of snow - thats BS! Not that I don't believe you - I just ain't putting up with that! They forecast a few inches around here and people loose their minds around here! We measure our snow in inches - not feet and I like it that way!

Last winter.

IMG_3593_zpsdd34c32e.jpg

Picnic table.
IMG_3486_zps8be7kzf9.jpg

This is my 60 lbs Lab trying to fetch a tennis ball. She isn't hitting the bottom.

A.......NO, HELL NO!