Wolf hunt in Wisconsin! Love having conservative Judges

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Sounds like a mess lol
The DoJ forced the judge to make a decision by 5pm yesterday and the DNR started the drawing process today. This quote cracked me up "wildlife supporters say the creatures are too beautiful to kill" :emoji_laughing:
No science or data there, just "they are pretty" lol

I like the fact the judge had the balls to force this quick season through, knowing damn well they will be relisted by November.

I am also sure the local natives wont be sitting back without a fight, even for this quick Feb hunt.

I like the fact the judge had the balls to force this quick season through, knowing damn well they will be relisted by November.
I am also sure the local natives wont be sitting back without a fight, even for this quick Feb hunt.
I couldn't agree more! We don't see it happen like that much these days.

I heard per directions from our weak governor and state attorney general the state DOJ has asked an appeals court to block the hunt.

Didn't they have a similar season in the yellowstone area? Killed wolves like crazy the first year until the wolves wised up, then it became a real hunt. The way it should be.

Didn't they have a similar season in the yellowstone area? Killed wolves like crazy the first year until the wolves wised up, then it became a real hunt. The way it should be.

There just is that many wolves in norther Wisconsin, and northern MN.

I've heard that there are more wolves in Minnesota than all other states combined (Most likely excluding Alaska)

I've heard that there are more wolves in Minnesota than all other states combined (Most likely excluding Alaska)

I have heard the same thing. But I think Wisconsin, and MN use the same people to count them, and get confused and start at 0 several times.

When I first bought my property in northern Wisconsin in the early 2000's, I was talking to the neighbor about wolves in the area, and I mentioned that the DNR said there is a small pack of 6 wolves in the area, he laughed and said he shoots that many each year for bothering his cattle, and he stills sees packs with 10-15 at a time. I have witnessed a pack of about 10 in his fields, so I know the DNR's numbers are off.

people here are worried about bobcats on the rise. I've talked to 4 or 5 people who hunt regularly who now have seen or have trailcams of bobcats. So... we're pretty safe out there.

With this season ending in 2 days, it just goes to show the DNR is underestimating the population numbers. I am sure there are a good many people that drew a tag but never even made it to the woods, with the hunt starting Monday morning...after you found out if you drew a tag. They gave like 100 tags to the Indians, who had no intention of using them. That should be factored into the quota numbers. If you want 200 wolves shot, then 200 it is!!

I applied for a tag, but did not get one. I had planned on taking today through Friday off. That would not have worked out very well. I had someone else hunting my land though and he came close to scoring.

I have zero deer tracks on my 128 acres and the wolves are mainly to blame.